GTX 6XX, GTX 7XX or Nvidia Titan??

Optimus Prime

Hey LTT,

I'm just wondering when you guys reckon it would be to late to purchase a GTX 600 series graphics card or if I should wait until Nvidia Titan or GTX 700 series drops

reason I ask is because I'm on track to build my pc by end of March at the latest and I plan on a 2 way Sli config

Thanks for any opinions

P.S My body is ready for the inevitable flame :p

I wanna know the same thing. Planning to build @ end of March too.

Plan everything you can, but wait until you want to build. Have a look at what's around, check rumour sites, check prices. If you really want to build and there isn't anything new out, then you can either buy a 600 gen card, it won't be bad at all. However, if early leaks of the GTX 780 (supposedly) are anything to go by, then it seems that the 700 series really will be a step up; however, that hasn't been verified, so we don't know for sure. AMD's 8000 series is also expected to be out before nVidia's line up, so that may be something to factor in aswell, you could expect them to be released April / June time. There have been some rumours that they will be released this month, i can't see it happening, yet you never know.

If the pics of the titan floating around are real......it has the ugliest pcb EVER! But i dont care .....i would buy it!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

yeah it seems like what every body is saying what i've been seeing and hearing. it's a bit of a shame that Nvidia and AMD don't have a more fixed release schedule :/

If the pics of the titan floating around are real......it has the ugliest pcb EVER! But i dont care .....i would buy it!
Have a link to the pictures of the PCB?

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Have a link to the pictures of the PCB?

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I bought a EVGA GTX 660 SC is a awesome card.Fry cry 3 running on ultra settings without any problems.

A lot of rumors from a danish site where the Titan was on with a release date in late feb... But a very expensive card.. What I think for the 700 and/or 8000 series its not for Q2 this year... But who knows what kind of rabbit one of these companies can pull out of the hat...

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --