Overlord Tempest X270OC Panel

Mobius1X

Anyone here have any experience with one? I've searched through the forum and found nothing. I love the idea of 1440 @ 120hz, these panels seem to be the best bang for the buck.

I hope you know they are not true 120Hz.

They are A or A- panel (so have issues), with a circuit board that over power the panel to try and force the pixels to switch faster. Sadly, the LCD liquid of the IPS panel won't turn fast enough at 120Hz before it burns. So you'll a blur mess. On motion you'll feel "smoother" image, but in reality it's ghosting. Believe me, is 120Hz IPS panel was possible, it would be out, and shown at CES. It's not. Also, many have problems passing 75Hz with these monitors. Finally, what isn't mentioned on the Overload monitor, but is on the cheap Korean monitors on eBay (same product), is that due the basic circuitry use, if any, the monitor have compatibility issues with graphic certain cards.It would suck if your teh monitor works great for you, but then stops working on your a new graphic card... now it will be very costly to you.

IPS panel came a very long way over the recent years in terms of speed all by keeping it's amazing colors. Maybe in the next 5 years we will see true 120Hz IPS panels, but not today.

Also, these aren't not "best for the buck". They are busted panels, super cheap build quality, DVI cable doesn't even come with the monitor, non-adjustable stand, terrible backlight, and glossy, terrible warranty with complex zones and distance policy for dead and bright pixel making your head turn.. basically everything to not cover you. However, if you don't mind these issues, then yea.. I guess. I won't spend more than 100$ on them, but that's my opinion.

Personally, I would just cash out an extra ~100$, and get the Dell U2717HM, and get:

-> Very high build quality

-> Excellent warranty coverage and service including free shipping on both direction, no zones and distance for faulty pixels, 0 bright pixel policy, 6 or more dead pixel (very competitive), and get to keep the monitor while waiting for teh replacement monitor with it's return pre-paid shipping label sticker ready to be stick on the box, for free and easy return of the broken one.

-> Multiple inputs

-> 100% compatible with all graphic cards

-> All needed cables included

-> A+ panel with 0 faults

-> fully adjustable stand

-> non glossy, including the stand and monitor frame/body

-> pre-color calibrated sRGB profile for beautiful colors out of the box (well out of teh box, and you go on the monitor menu and pick it)

-> better back light

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors_Flat_Panel_Widescreen/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=225-4015&baynote_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

Well.....haha. Thanks for all the insight! I'm still learning the difference between the IPS and TN panels. I remember watching (or at least I think I do) a video on NCIX Tech where Linus reviews an IPS panel and liked it. I may be mistaken though.

Also, the Dell you linked me to is 8ms, at that size/resolution will I really be seeing much lag?

It would be nice for a 1440 120Hz monitor lol