HELP! anyone with a orignal xbox?

Kyuubixchidori

so this is crazy. everywhere online is giving diffrent info. for the life of me I cannot find the correct size of the original xbox, every website is saying different numbers. anyone have a console that they can measure? 

because according to Cnet. my parts will not fit. but according to wikipedia dimensions they will. so stressing me out. any help? 

like The original not the 360, i can measure that 

yes the orignal. that would be so helpful. 

32cm(12.5") x 26cm(10.5") x 9cm(4")

cm is going to be the most accurate i do not do imperial very well

thank you. so guess I have more room then  I thought. Cnet said it was 11.8x7.somethingx3.75. so way smaller then what you got. yours is almost exact the wikipedias size, so thank you. 

hoping to build a PC with a dedicated graphics card.

I thought you were going to put a pc inside there. You should create a topic. I'd like to see where this goes. 

yup, once I order the parts. I have pc built in a mac pro im trying to sell, once that happens Im downsizing for college. normal cases are boring:P

and if it goes south, I already have a buddy that will help me 3-d print a tiny case. 

the usable space will be less than the outer dimensions, dont forget

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

the usable space will be less than the outer dimensions, dont forget

yeah I know, hoping for a spare inch in each direction, and half a inch in height. looks like i should be good. nerve racking because never seen it built before, and even builds without gpus look tight

32cm(12.5") x 26cm(10.5") x 9cm(4")

cm is going to be the most accurate i do not do imperial very well

the tight fit is the width, the 12.5. the mobo is 6.75, and the gpu is 5inches. so thats 11.75. leaves 3/4th of a inch. or 2 centimeters of clearance. for cables and such.

thats if I want a 960. if I drop down to a 750ti for the same price, I can get a low profile that will fit no problem

internally there is: 30cm(12") x 23cm(9") x 8cm(3") you might have more height because my ruler hit the motherboard

Thanks, I really appreciate it. The 960 blower is 9.5inches. May have to go the "standard" cooler style that just blows everywhere. Rather not do that though. Maybe mount a 80mm to intake in the center xbox symbol then vent out the back

Including the area for the controller input you have 20.5cm not 23cm. But you should be able to dremel it out you could dremel some of that out but it is caused by the way the face plate extrudes the rest of the case.

Looks like I'm going with a 750ti which is much shorter and plenty of room. Less power draw means hopefully quiter card, and quiter power supply

Donated mine to a children's hospital a long time ago :)

Donated mine to a children's hospital a long time ago :)

I used to have 2 of them in my basement. I have no idea where they are now. so many good memories. 

#goodguyanthony