Ultrabook Hunting Assistance Required

Go to solution Solved by Fred Castellum,

Well it's decided, I'm going to get the Zenbook. Anyone know of accessories that might be of use? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232393

10/10 horrible deal. 

whaaaaaaaaaaat? naaaaaaaaaahhhhhh (xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

but.. its from apple... >_> 

thier products are great. 

i even like their OS. 

just dont support companies like apple, foxcon, ect. *sigh* *grits teeth* :/

IF you don't want to support Apple like that goes for like all companies that use Chinese manufacturers, just don't see why they are the guys to blame, like Foxconn and such are the guys who are breaking laws ( don't know if they exist in china or not ) and like hiring people and treating them like slaves.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

IF you don't want to support Apple like that goes for like all companies that use Chinese manufacturers, just don't see why they are the guys to blame, like Foxconn and such are the guys who are breaking laws ( don't know if they exist in china or not ) and like hiring people and treating them like slaves.

Personally I don't want to support apple due to their:

Lack of innovation,

Basically patent trolling(tying to sue other tablet manufacturers for using squares with rounded edges)

And I hate how they can sell so many generally bad products compared to the competition. Apples prices make no sense.

Edit: also the new MacBook is literally a Zenbook for around $1000 extra

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Personally I don't want to support apple due to their:

Lack of innovation,

Basically patent trolling(tying to sue other tablet manufacturers for using squares with rounded edges)

And I hate how they can sell so many generally bad products compared to the competition. Apples prices make no sense.

Lack of innovation ? they are like innovating in a lot of fields like the iPhone, the new touch pad and other things.

About patent trolling I will not argue cause its like true kinda.

Product is bad ? you mean the Mac or like the iPhone ? can you like specify.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Lack of innovation ? they are like innovating in a lot of fields like the iPhone, the new touch pad and other things.

About patent trolling I will not argue cause its like true kinda.

Product is bad ? you mean the Mac or like the iPhone ? can you like specify.

Not going to get into an argument about innovation but with Apple it's non existent.

Also sorry that was quite vague. Their products aren't bad but for the same price you could get so much more minus the apple logo.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Not going to get into an argument about innovation but with Apple it's non existent.

Also sorry that was quite vague. Their products aren't bad but for the same price you could get so much more minus the apple logo.

I think you're mistaken about inventing and innovation.

Like what ? can you like give an example ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think you're mistaken about inventing and innovation.

Like what ? can you like give an example ?

No I can't give an example of something non existent.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

No I can't give an example of something non existent.

I didn't mean the innovation I meant you saying there products are bad when you compare them to other in same price range.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Going way off topic guys... 

If you want to help, throw some accessory recommendations to me. Maybe some nice modifications ideas I can do to the laptop once it arrives. Decals? Skins? Custom stuff basically.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well it's decided, I'm going to get the Zenbook. Anyone know of accessories that might be of use? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232393

Get it on Amazon for less.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

but.. its from apple... >_> 

thier products are great. 

i even like their OS. 

just dont support companies like apple, foxcon, ect. *sigh* *grits teeth* :/ 

Not supporting Foxconn? Heh, that's a good one. Good luck with that. :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Going way off topic guys... 

If you want to help, throw some accessory recommendations to me. Maybe some nice modifications ideas I can do to the laptop once it arrives. Decals? Skins? Custom stuff basically.

Sorry about that...

Anyways i thik the most important thing would be a reasonably sized external hard drive. Especially if you are going to have any large files.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey, those headphones looks very familiar. 

The Zenbook is amazing in terms of build and appearance. I have a friend with one, they're so nice. Does get hot though. 

I cannot say it's amazing at all in terms of build or appearance.  The 302 model I have has some really shoddy construction going on in terms of the keyboard.  Also the touch-pad itself appears to be slightly uneven in one corner.  There is some backlight bleed, but nothing too bad overall.  As far as appearance goes, this is naturally more subjective, but I think that Dell has set a new bar with the XPS13 series.  The Zenbook continues to be a looker, but I find myself drawn to Dell these days.  

Overall my experiences with my Zenbook have been less than stellar.  Some QC issues along with some pretty bad software issues have given me more headaches than I feel I should have had with such a device.