Windows 10 Technical Preview (no import pictures and videos)

Gammett

Hello, I recently build a work pc for my parents (4790k, 8GB ddr3 and OCZ 240GB SSD (I want the PC to be able to handle crap for the next 10-15 years without upgrades)) and it is running Windows 10 technical preview.  Everything is ok except the fact that the plug and play menu is missing the Import Pictures and Videos button and instead just lets us browse files, this would be ok if it was my desktop because I know the file explorer like the back of my hand but my dad has been using the import function since vista and has his head explode whenever he has to use file explorer.  I know the function exist in Windows 10 because I see it on my Windows 10 build and I have seen photos of the button being in it's respective place on the internet in Windows 10.  The device we use is Standard 16GB SD Card and when we plug the camera directly into the pc through USB2.0 we get the same problem as the SD card.

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

10-15 years won't happen. Look at computers from 10-15 years ago, Even the highest end ones are outdated. If you want future proofing, get an x99 system with at least 32gb of ram and a extremely high end gpu. Also that ssd is way to small to last that amount of time.

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

10-15 years won't happen. Look at computers from 10-15 years ago, Even the highest end ones are outdated. If you want future proofing, get an x99 system with at least 32gb of ram and a extremely high end gpu. Also that ssd is way to small to last that amount of time.

THIS ISN'T A WORKSTATION. it's a office pc, first the ssd is only for OS, there is and HDD in the as well and for their work the use the same piece of mapping software and browser applications every single day. So future proofing is for future builds of Windows 10 that might require more resources.  10-15 years ago we had os's that took up large amounts of cpu utilization on idle even on top of the line while I am sitting here on my personal desktop with <1% cpu utilization with a couple of browser tabs open.  I am sorry but I won't take build balancing advice from someone who went with a mainstream chipset on a budget build instead of a less feature heavy B series chipset.

EDIT: please don't criticise thee build and focus on the problem at hand with my windows install.

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

THIS ISN'T A WORKSTATION.

I am sorry but I won't take build balancing advice from someone who went with a mainstream chipset on a budget build instead of a less feature heavy B series chipset.

*Insert profile pic here*

I went with that chipset for overclocking later down the road. [i originally had a g3258 but then i got my current cpu from a friend.

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----