"4K 60FPS isn't affordable they said"

4K 60FPS would be with a Titan X. So you can spend $1000 on the GPU and then $5 on everything else Kappa

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

4K 60FPS would be with a Titan X.

Good joke man, good joke.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It isn't affordable. 4k textures are massive-so you'd benefit greatly from an SSD, there's no SSD in the build. No third party cooler. No good quality monitor. If you're driving 4k, you're probably going to want more than Chrome (+ a few tabs) and $game open, so RAM will probably be an issue. lol @ case.

Not all PSUs are created equal.

Geez this isn't even my system, I just wanted to show that a 4K machine is possible at the magic 1k $ range.

I'm not even that big fan of 4K i think it's shit, I rather have my Acer XB270HU.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

At that price range you are far better off targeting 1440p, you end up with better image quality and a better gaming experience.

P.S. Jayz doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, he's getting better but he's hardly a solid place to get information from.

As obnoxious as he is, he kindda has a point. It's not too much of a stretch to call for 4k with a 980ti. However, Jayz's benchmark is very optimistic. PCPer pegs it at 40fps. Anandtech did zero AA and theirs is 60fps. Zero AA. Anandtech says multiplayer is typically half the framerate from their test but actually I'm going to disagree with that and say that their numbers are closer to multiplayer than they think. (Basing this off of my experience with the 980 @ 1440p and looking at their numbers).

Tom's averages 39fps. I'll assume that's with AA.

If you grab a 980ti + Gsync monitor and you just play BF4, it's doable I think. Just make sure you forego the AA.

The 1k computer example is not really realistic but the point is that it takes a bit less to do 4k than you might think, AA off. If we're already doing 1440p x4 AA, that's actually getting kindda close to 4k. It's still cutting it very close though, really better off SLIing.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Geez this isn't even my system, I just wanted to show that a 4K machine is possible at the magic 1k $ range.

I'm not even that big fan of 4K i think it's shit, I rather have my Acer XB270HU.

Technically 4k is possible on integrated graphics. Doesn't mean it's playable. People want 60fps / 4k / high settings. Not low-mid.

I personally don't think $1000 is considered affordable. 

Lmao you guys should be happy, a build like that costs 1500€ here in Europe.

Even a 13 year old kid could get 1K $ in 12 months.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

How is a 13 year old kid getting 1k in 12 months?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

yeah right.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

At that price range you are far better off targeting 1440p, you end up with better image quality and a better gaming experience.

P.S. Jayz doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, he's getting better but he's hardly a solid place to get information from.

I don't know man, but his GPU reviews are 10x better then Luke's reviews. There are like 10 guys at LMG now and all they can do is a 5 min review on a 700$ card ? Seriously?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't know man, but his GPU reviews are 10x better then Luke's reviews. There are like 10 guys at LMG now and all they can do is a 5 min review on a 700$ card ? Seriously?

I prefer Gamers Nexus reviews. Love that guy.

How is a 13 year old kid getting 1k in 12 months?

Well when I was a kid I've started doing leaflets at 13 years, that's the minimum age. It was around ~70€/month. Actual paid newspaper are a lot more, but you need to be 15.

Other than that;

- Pocket money

- Birthday gift(s)

- Christmas gift(s)

- Chores

- Trading/flipping things (this can get you serious money as a kid xD)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 

ROFL what a shitty mobo go repent plz

Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 

ROFL what a shitty mobo go repent plz

OH NOES, HIGHER BUDGET = BETTER MOTHERBOARD.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

OH NOES, HIGHER BUDGET = BETTER MOTHERBOARD.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

No.. better comprehension and learning skills = better investment and longevity of products purchased. Which will outweigh any type of budget attempt.

Try again.

Luke gives you a good, true overview and backs it up with a spreadsheet of data, its short and concise, it could be longer but that's just the format they work with, on the other hand Jayz rants about the little stuff for a long time then gives you numbers with no detailed info (the bit that counts), it's nice to hear detailed opinions but opinion shouldn't be the core of a product review. He's reasonably new to the PC world and as someone who's been an enthusiast for many years some of his videos make me cringe because the stuff he says is just completely wrong. I don't mean to be too down on him, as I say he's reasonably new (something I've seen him mention in more than a few videos) and I like the fact he's enthusiastic but do take his videos with a grain of salt, back up what he says by going to some of the more solid reviewers that have been around the block a few times, its easy for newer people to get caught out on factoids (thank you WAN show for that definition ;)) as there are a lot of them in the PC space but miss the facts.

No.. better comprehension and learning skills = better investment and longevity of products purchased. Which will outweigh any type of budget attempt.

Try again.

I don't think you got a 5930K with a 980Ti in your build m8 so stop trolling.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Luke gives you a good, true overview and backs it up with a spreadsheet of data, its short and concise, it could be longer but that's just the format they work with , on the other hand Jayz rants for a long time then gives you numbers with no detailed info (the bit that counts), it nice to hear detailed opinions but opinion shouldn't be the core of a product review. He's reasonably new to the PC world and as someone who's been an enthusiast for many years some of his videos make me cringe because the stuff he says is just completely wrong. I don't mean to be too down on him, as I say he's reasonably new (something I've seen him mention in more than a few videos) and I like the fact he's enthusiastic but do take his videos with a grain of salt, back up what he says by going to some of the more solid reviewers that have been around the block a few times, its easy for newer people to get caught out on factoids (thank you WAN show for that definition ;)) as there are a lot of them in the PC space but miss the facts.

Pretty much every LinusTechTips video card video:

- 1 minute of pre-video ads about watching their other videos and smashing the like button

- Explain 2 minutes which new things the 900-series got like G-Sync, DirectX 12, DSR and all that shit.

- Name all the specs that you already know from the reference models.

Then get to the 30 seconds of benchmarks and then some more ads.  :P

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Pretty much every LinusTechTips video card video:

- 1 minute of pre-video ads about watching their other videos and smashing the like button

- Explain 2 minutes which new things the 900-series got like G-Sync, DirectX 12, DSR and all that shit.

- Name all the specs that you already know from the reference models.

Then get to the 30 seconds of benchmarks and then some more ads.  :P

-snip-

I wouldn't call LTTs reviews the most detailed either but they do talk about the more technical side of things vs. Jayz which is the important part IMO but quite frankly unless a review has details on settings for both the games and hardware, max, average and min frame rates, FCAT, power and thermals as a minimum I wouldn't call it complete. But with LTT they tend to do/get things right at least.

I wouldn't call LTTs reviews the most detailed either but they do talk about the more technical side of things vs. Jayz which is the important part IMO but quite frankly unless a review has details on settings for both the games and hardware, max, average and min frame rates, FCAT, power and thermals as a minimum I wouldn't call it complete.

Well guess what, the LTT review is completely useless as it only has 4K benchmarks, while 1440P 144hz is far superior then 4K 60FPS (I actually own both).

Also a lot of people have 1440P 60hz monitors nowdays, but the 980Ti is quite overkill for that.

So sadly in the end you need to watch 3 reviews on the same card before you get all info  :o

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

im a mexican and 1k is not affordable, even 700, anyway that's just my country economic problem

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

Well guess what, the LTT review is completely useless as it only has 4K benchmarks, while 1440P 144hz is far superior then 4K 60FPS (I actually own both).

Also a lot of people have 1440P 60hz monitors nowdays, but the 980Ti is quite overkill for that.

So sadly in the end you need to watch 3 reviews on the same card before you get all info  :o

Or you could just go to somewhere like anandtech or pcper, YouTube reviews are more about entertainment with a very general overview IMO, if you want detail you need to go to a website, OC3D give a lot more detail than most other YouTubers but his videos tend to be 30-45 minutes and he still backs it up with the data on his website.

Also LTT uses 4K for comparative analysis, a more thorough review would do more but for what they are showing its adequate and far from useless (their video a day mantra is also limiting for them), and a 980ti is not overkill for a 1440p 60Hz monitor.

This is the kind of build I'm imagine a console player attempting to put together as a PC for the first time, rather than a more balanced system.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This is the kind of build I'm imagine a console player attempting to put together as a PC for the first time, rather than a more balanced system.

The fact that this setup wrecks your shitty 4790K + 970 setup which was more expensive and even more unbalanced.

4790K on a Z87 ~250$ motherboard, yeah very wise choice.... (oh and no ssd)

So please stop trolling.

55135636.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU