"4K 60FPS isn't affordable they said"

im a mexican and 1k is not affordable, even 700, anyway that's just my country economic problem

Actually the truth it is afforable, while the income is low, the money you need to live in South-America/Eastern Europe is much less the in the West because nearly every has a house, food is cheaper, and things like gas/water/internet much much cheaper.

Every time I visit a country in East Europe like Hungary,Bulgaria,Romania I only see more expensive cars then in Netherlands (parked in front of shitty houses)

1000$:60 months (5 years) = 16.67$/month 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The fact that this setup wrecks your shitty 4790K + 970 setup which was more expensive and even more unbalanced.

4790K on a Z87 ~250$ motherboard, yeah very wise choice.... (oh and no ssd)

So please stop trolling.

I'd make an attempt to justify my build to you, but honestly you aren't even worth that insignificant amount of my time.

To make the comment on Z87 though, oh Master Builder, why are you recommending a Haswell refresh chip with a B85 board and then criticize me for doing something similar? Not because you know a thing or two about building PCs.

Be sure to tell me why choosing Z87 was a foolish choice, I'd love to know what you know but I don't. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Actually the truth it is afforable, while the income is low, the money you need to live in South-America/Eastern Europe is much less the in the West because nearly every has a house, food is cheaper, and things like gas/water/internet much much cheaper.

Every time I visit a country in East Europe like Hungary,Bulgaria,Romania I only see more expensive cars then in Netherlands (parked in front of shitty houses)

1000$:60 months (5 years) = 16.67$/month 

still mexico is more poor, minimum wage is 70 pesos = 4.361 dollars (this is per day), cuz of 16 pesos per dollar, thanks peña nieto, still those examples you just said, they have money to buy expensive cars, here even for a economic car is hard to get, well a new car, if its used maybe, or even monthly payments but anyway im getting that  1k is not affordable in mexico. cuz we poor. ppl that pay in europe for internet isnt the same here, we got 10mbps for 400 pesos monthly = 24.92 dollars, and in europe for that they have 100mbps or 50mbps, maybe 30mpbs, depends in the country, maybe in europe 1k is affordable, but here doesnt, at least here, idk other countries of America, and the gas is even more expensive, currently there is a shortage of gasoline here in mexico. anyway just told a story there of my country, 1k is not affordable (here in mexico).

Edited by IlDuceSaint

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

This is the kind of build I'm imagine a console player attempting to put together as a PC for the first time, rather than a more balanced system.

Ooooh! Nice!

Why are we arguing with someone who calls themselves "TheConverter"? 

Doesn't he belong in PCMR? 

Also, why is he hating on Linus in his own forum?

I'd make an attempt to justify my build to you, but honestly you aren't even worth that insignificant amount of my time.

To make the comment on Z87 though, oh Master Builder, why are you recommending a Haswell refresh chip with a B85 board and then criticize me for doing something similar? Not because you know a thing or two about building PCs.

Be sure to tell me why choosing Z87 was a foolish choice, I'd love to know what you know but I don't. 

Because the point of this PcPartPicker list was to show that a 1000$ build can have a 980Ti in it, the 4460 will not bottlneck the 980Ti, atleast not by more then 5-10%.

Lol i5 4460 is a great cpu, why do you guys think we all need 4790k's these days for gaming?

Here is a guy that has a i5-4460 and a 980Ti and he gets 19337 @ 1232 MHz which is pretty normal as JayzTwoCentz was getting 20385 @ 1514 MHz

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5132325

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Why are we arguing with someone who calls themselves "TheConverter"? 

Doesn't he belong in PCMR? 

Also, why is he hating on Linus in his own forum?

Why are we arguing with someone who watches Anime and calls themself Vozella?

Even more why are we arguing with someone who has never built a computer and acts like a expert on forums?

Also, ever heard of constructive criticism? While LTT has some great new videos like Scrapyard Wars, the actual point of the channel (reviewing tech) is going backwards.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lol i5 4460 is a great cpu, why do you guys think we all need 4790k's these days for gaming?

Why do you think I bought it for gaming? Because I didn't.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

No SSD. Crappy case. Don't trust Gigabyte motherboards (Have always died on me) and a low wattage PSU.

Yeah. No thanks.

Oh because SSDs are necessary to run 4K games.

Nothing wrong with them collectively, might be bad batches or bad single type of motherboard.

"low wattage" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wowowow no need for those kind of insults.

Well yeah, thanks. Moderators give me a warning point instead of addressing the obvious trolls in this thread.

The sad thing is most of them have a PC that is costs then that 1100$ list and is performs far below.

A I5 4460/980Ti gives you way more FPS then a 4790k/970 in a ~1000$ build.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well yeah, thanks. Moderators give me a warning point instead of addressing the obvious trolls in this thread.

The sad thing is most of them have a PC that is costs then that 1100$ list and is performs far below.

I don't really see any trolls... Just maybe some uneducated people (in specs not intelligence)

I don't really see any trolls... Just uneducated people (in specs not intelligence)

Hmmm...

No SSD. Crappy case. Don't trust Gigabyte motherboards (Have always died on me) and a low wattage PSU.

Yeah. No thanks.

Yeah add to that the price of a decent 4K monitor.

nope.avi

4K 60FPS would be with a Titan X. So you can spend $1000 on the GPU and then $5 on everything else Kappa

P.S. Jayz doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, he's getting better but he's hardly a solid place to get information from.

Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1

ROFL what a shitty mobo go repent plz

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU