Upgrading motherboard and cpu

Gauzl

I'm upgrading my motherboard and CPU but I'm not sure how to do the software side of it all. I have windows 7 and all drivers installed on my SSD while everything else stored on my HDD. Since I'm upgrading motherboard and CPU I will have to remove all drivers from the SSD but I'm not sure how to go about doing it, do I just delete every file out of the SSD?

if the chipset is simalar to the current setup u have a chance that windows will boot from it.

If they are to difrent u wont be able to get into windows and u cant realy do annything but a new installation.

installing windows isnt that hard make a DVD from the version u have like Home Premium or Pro etc and use the website of the motherboards manufactor to get the latest drivers.

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Wrong sub forum. Go to the hardware section and then CPU, Motherboards and Memory subforum

Isnt my topic related to software?

if the chipset is simalar to the current setup u have a chance that windows will boot from it.

If they are to difrent u wont be able to get into windows and u cant realy do annything but a new installation.

installing windows isnt that hard make a DVD from the version u have like Home Premium or Pro etc and use the website of the motherboards manufactor to get the latest drivers.

I'm going from Z77 to Z87 and a asrock to a ASUS motherboard. From this would you be able to tell if I can boot windows with the new parts?