i5 3570K high stock temp

iTonyy

I'm currently running a i5 3570k on a asrock extreme 4 cooled with a H80i at stock settings.

After about 6 hours of Prime95 blend, the temp rose to a max of 87 C with a difference of 10 degrees between hottest and coolest core.

From what I've seen other people report, about 60 C is the average at stock settings.

I realize that Ivy bridge use a cheap thermal paste for the internal heat spreader so that can cause problems but I'm not 100% that its the problem.

(for further context, i have a single gpu that rear exhausts all in a C70 with 3 120mm fans on the front for intake and ambient is ~20 C)

Just wondering if theres anything I can improve on or maybe I just got a bad cpu

(considered undervolting but I do want to overclock it so preferably not)

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Make sure the cpu block is properly attached... Are the fans on the H80i running at full speed?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

That's quite high, I'm running an i5 3570 with CM Hyper Evo 212+ and at idle it's 34-36c. At load it's 49c~

Good Morning...

Make sure the cpu block is properly attached... Are the fans on the H80i running at full speed?
yes its properly attached and i'm running both fans at 900rpm but that would maybe at most make it ~70C

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Have you tried reapplying the thermal paste and reseating the cooler? Make sure it spreads evenly and that there are no bubbles in the thermal compound.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer