Windows 10 will be "rolling out in waves", not everyone will get it on launch date

Bouzoo

It's not the software maker's responsability to fix old programs whenever Microsoft breaks them.  It's Microsoft who need to learn how to update their OS' kernel without breaking just about everything that used to work before.

If a program used to work and ceases to do so after a kernel update, it's not the program's fault but the kernel's. 

Yes, it's perfectly possible that an update accidentally breaks one or two programs, but MS breaks hunderds at a time whenever they change their OS version despite the so-called "compatibility mode".

I can count the number of compatibility issues I've had which weren't easily resolved on one hand. "Just about everything" is an astronomical exaggeration.

I wish that i could use my Dreamspark ISO to somehow upgrade it early without wasting the Dreamspark key. (Always nice to have a spare Windows key lying around)

How do they know you're an insider?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Pretty sure you can't do that, as you don't get a key. You "format" via windows reset.

You realise that Microsoft HAS to provide a key, unless they make huge changes to the Software Licensing Service? They can't just make your Windows 7 or 8.1 key work, that means that all keys of 7 and 8.1 will work. A new key will have to be issued no matter what.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

How do they know you're an insider?

I think it means that you have to be on the preview to get it on time. If they had any sense, they'd just open it up to insiders a few days before the official release, but logic is for losers, right?