Is this a good power supply for this system?

Volxen

Here is a link to the system that I want to build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GQvfZL

According to PC partpicker, this system should use a maximum of 761 watts, and the power supply is 850 watts. Is that enough leeway, or should I purchase a power supply with more watts (e.g., 1000W)? Also, is this considered a good quality power supply? Or do I need to go with something that at least has a gold rating?

you're probably not going to need an upgrade for a few years, so I'd say this is pretty good for you. 

Yeah. I generally go for about 100W over just to be safe. Kind of a "cushion" if you will. Overclocking systems leads to a greater power draw also, so if you plan to overclock, that's a perfect PSU.

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

its great  :)

o but wattage is crazy, i dont have the 290x or 390x but they are around 350 watts depending on cooler/pcb. thats alot of watts. this psu should be able to put out 750 watts for gpus but, at a high load to the psu, you might want to bump it up 1000 watts if you're going to be playing games for awhile or something that maxes out gpu and cpu. overclocked these cards would really stress the psu. 

Here's a fully modular AX850 from Corsair for less.

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

its great, i have it :)

Yeah I really like SeaSonic. They make some good quality stuff. I found a Corsair AX850 though for 80 USD.. He's spending quite a bit everywhere else I thought he might want Fully modular at a lower price.

Yeah I really like SeaSonic. They make some good quality stuff. I found a Corsair AX850 though for 80 USD.. He's spending quite a bit everywhere else I thought he might want Fully modular at a lower price.

i do too, i have the full modular one with no problems but, if he overclocks it would be pushing the psu to hard for my liking so i would go with something higher wattage. personally i value modular to some fancy rating, just look up if the psu is decent or not from johhnyguru or others then go from there. 

we have the evaga g2 at 150ish usd

i believe the rosewill capstone was good 141 usd

geez jump in price from 850 to 1000 :(

geez jump in price from 850 to 1000 :(

Yeah, from around 80 USD to 125/150 USD....and higher....... haha.

i do too, i have the full modular one with no problems but, if he overclocks it would be pushing the psu to hard for my liking so i would go with something higher wattage. personally i value modular to some fancy rating, just look up if the psu is decent or not from johhnyguru or others then go from there.

I would suggest he get a 900W or above if he can find it and get a good price and decent quality/brand. I LOVE modular PSUs... Ugh.. They make life so simple.

Here is a link to the system that I want to build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GQvfZL

According to PC partpicker, this system should use a maximum of 761 watts, and the power supply is 850 watts. Is that enough leeway, or should I purchase a power supply with more watts (e.g., 1000W)? Also, is this considered a good quality power supply? Or do I need to go with something that at least has a gold rating?

Are you buying from the USA ? Also what monitor are you going to be using ?