Building a NAS - Help me with the part list

Dimi3os

there aren't many lga 1150 boards though, only 3 listed on tweakers.

I tried looking for one on Alternate's site because they're the closest large PC shop nearby, but their choice in ECC and server-grade stuff is so abysmal that I ended up getting the MoBo, RAM and RAID card on Ebay.   It's not that I like to live dangerously by buying electronics online, it's just that there are no good local options.

I tried looking for one on Alternate's site because they're the closest large PC shop nearby, but their choice in ECC and server-grade stuff is so abysmal that I ended up getting the MoBo, RAM and RAID card on Ebay.   It's not that I like to live dangerously by buying electronics online, it's just that there are no good local options.

True that, any experience with azerty.nl?

I got my C2750D4I at azerty.nl

Good people. Support has been decent as well.

I was planning on doing the same, is the 27 worth it over the 25? It's just the processor that changes from 4 to 8 cores.

I was planning on doing the same, is the 27 worth it over the 25? It's just the processor that changes from 4 to 8 cores.

Depends on what you use it for. I should've gone for the four core model, it's pretty much idling all the time anyways...

Depends on what you use it for. I should've gone for the four core model, it's pretty much idling all the time anyways...

Guess I'm not going to need the eight core one either then :P Thanks for the advise mate!

Get enough RAM, I have 16GB of RAM for 32TB of storage and I notice that my RAM usage is high all the time.  I don't hink it's a problem though, otherwise I would have added 16 more already.

I think I'm correct in saying it will pretty much use however much you put in the system for the file-system, you could continue to add and it would continue to consume the newly added RAM. Doesn't mean it actually needs it. Most people, as you say, find 16GB the best middle ground for it!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications