DIY GTX 580 air cooler

Sebby

This card is going soon, so thought i'd have some fun till then. I should probably have waited till i got the new one, but whats the fun in that?

http://imgur.com/a/FDIwa

Old temps Idle 46C under load 82

New temps Idle 39C under load 74

My under load Benchmark is done staring at fire in WoW on ultra, antistrophic filtering 4x, Shadows Medium and Vsync enabled. 1080p 60 fps.

I later had to move the GPU to the lower slot as the airflow to the cpu was really bad. The intel fan colided with the PSU though so i had to find a different fan.

This is a USB fan i ripped from a cool pad for laptops, It only does ludicrous speed, so it's slightly noisy but cools better actually.

http://imgur.com/a/aC9Vd

The card has two rubber band o-ring things on each end of the heat sink. So aside from the small crack you can see on the pictures it's still sealed.

Edit: As suggested by MrEppart1 I flippet the fan. Aditionally i moved the GPU back in the upper slot and added the intel fan for extra air flow. I did have to remove the OC from the CPU though. Temps under load are now 68! so pretty nice comming from 82 originally.

http://imgur.com/etfoYpe

An Intel logo on a cooler attached to an Nvidia card? Blasphemy!

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Now that's one way to mount a fan on a blower cooler  ;)  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Are you sure the drops in temp where not caused by the hole in the cooler ? xD

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

isnt the ghetto mounted fan working against the blower fan?

Yeah a friend mentioned that too, I can't notice any difference in the air being exhausted out the back. It works though

Yeah a friend mentioned that too, I can't notice any difference in the air being exhausted out the back. It works though

try flipping the ghetto fan to pull air.

That should increase efficiency

Yeah that's a good idea. Gonn happen later though. Spend 6 hours on that thing today :) Holiday well spent so far

Well i did. Update in the main post