Why does anime do this....? (rant)

Syntaxvgm

I mean American studios have foreign actors for bit parts.

No they don't, I still have to find a series/movie that has an italian part spoken by an italian

Japanese accent is one thing. That's doable even.

It's not just a problem with a syllable here or there.

Watch the end of episode three and beginning of four of Chrome Shelled Regios with subs for a perfect example. I dropped that one, and think that was the last nail. The ear pain inducing music and everything else was enough as it was. Idk why I was recommended it. Not my style.

I actually had to boot up my laptop to check Chrome Shelled Regios again (thats where all the animes' stored). Anyways I saw the eps you were talking about and yeah the english parts were kinda bad, I can understand what they are saying but I had to concentrate, those flashback thingys were kinda funky.

So about VA's maybe its tradition? Or maybe its just business just as some people have stated. Not everybody can speak english properly and first and foremost the anime was created for the Japanese people. We the fans or viewers or whatever around the world are only second priority. If people want to dub it in english for release around the world thats fine. But companies usually cater to the natives first.

I they dub it it english might as well do it as a whole not piece by piece.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

I actually had to boot up my laptop to check Chrome Shelled Regios again (thats where all the animes' stored). Anyways I saw the eps you were talking about and yeah the english parts were kinda bad, I can understand what they are saying but I had to concentrate, those flashback thingys were kinda funky.

So about VA's maybe its tradition? Or maybe its just business just as some people have stated. Not everybody can speak english properly and first and foremost the anime was created for the Japanese people. We the fans or viewers or whatever around the world are only second priority. If people want to dub it in english for release around the world thats fine. But companies usually cater to the natives first.

I they dub it it english might as well do it as a whole not piece by piece.

Well I kept watching and they did it for a third episode.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Well I kept watching and they did it for a third episode.

If its for C.S.R (yeah lets just call it that) they actually do that for a lot eps in that show. Kinda forgot what the flashbacks meant but whatever...

Point is its cheaper. One VA for the entire Japanese series. One "insert language here" VA for so on and so forth. Usually dubbers make a deal or whatever with the company so that they can dub it n a different language for another country so its done as a whole. Business, money, profit in a nutshell.  

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

No they don't, I still have to find a series/movie that has an italian part spoken by an italian

I don't watch a ton of American media to know what you are talking about on the Italian side, but I know they're a joke to us. Fake Italian is funny or something. See it in commercials all of the time along with fake french. Like gibberish or close to it.

To answer to this, I'm gonna answer my own thread here, but the REAL reason I bet this is-

Ever seens a b-roll overhead shot of Japan? It's a sea of the same color- Almost all Japanese population. Like 98-99%, then some bit parts of Korean , Chinese, and maybe .5% others.

They may not seem shocking to some, but as an American, every time you see that you about flip out. We are so used to a really really mixed demographic here.

Here, a studio can pick someone up off of the street that speaks Spanish naively for example. I live in Indiana, and I know tons of Mexican natives, as well as those who were born here but raised to speak Spanish. Other languages too. We even have a significant Burmese population here- yah know, the language when written looks like spilled spaghettios?

We have that on fucking signs at my local WalMart.

We even have a decent chunk of a Japanese population sprinkled though out the country.

Japan doesn't have that.

THAT'S why our media typically uses native speakers and their's doesn't.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Its because some countries are a melting pot of culture while others hold true (static)?

you mean this?

But that's a Japanese character speaking English words. Here's not supposed to sound like his native language is English, that's just fine.

muh specs 

All parts black

Its because some countries are a melting pot of culture while others hold true (static)?

yep see the long post I made

muh specs 

All parts black

I don't watch a ton of American media to know what you are talking about on the Italian side, but I know they're a joke to us. Fake Italian is funny or something. See it in commercials all of the time along with fake french. Like gibberish or close to it.

I'm not talking about the fake ones (even here there are fake english or other languages to make fun), I'm talking about serious movies and shows.

I'm not talking about the fake ones (even here there are fake english or other languages to make fun), I'm talking about serious movies and shows.

Now tha tI think about it...I've literally never seen Italian in shows now that I think about it except for bit parts in sitcoms.

Jeeze ....I don't watch TV a lot do I...

muh specs 

All parts black

yep see the long post I made

Yup dully noted its just that we posted at the same time! Anyways I can see where you are coming from now, but yeah we as human tend to adapt. Still topic was a good read.

Asia is complicated

it's like telling teenage not to use their slang (with whatever language they are using)

yes, that's the point, using english in japanese shows/anime/media only meant to impress the audiences (which btw japanese viewers, not us)

sometimes, that's also why it's sounds so dumb when the show is dubbed to english

some of japanese words are too complicated to explain/dub in 1 sentences

and yes I agree, most of time it just dumb and out of context.

But hey... it's JAPAN

NIPPON DAI-ICHI.

But that's a Japanese character speaking English words. Here's not supposed to sound like his native language is English, that's just fine.

that's not japanese guy, that's egyptian

that's not japanese guy, that's egyptian

The plot thickens....

muh specs 

All parts black

the most recent one I watched was baby steps... the unfortunately named tennis meets hajime no ippo series.

they had a coach from the states come in and while his part was to speak a lot of amrican accented japanese when he spoke english it was over the top Jinglish that it was commedic and loveable at the same time.

english. its for comedic effect. I'm more sore over stupid random english words thrown into the middle of Jpop songs.

Anyway the reason they don't use native speakers is simple, they don't care, animes are made for japanese viewers who most likely don't give a s**t if its spoken by a native english speaker or not, and they can save money.

Personally I prefer the way they do it now and kinda like that cringe feeling plus it also makes me laugh and I enjoy that xD

Mainly becasue I find it to suite the mood more  :)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I don't remember an English part in in the Japanese version...

Sorry, I thought you meant bad dubs.

A reason why many japanese people are not very good at english is becouse it isnt a big part of their school system, They are very traditional and dont want much change in that aspect.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

do you really not understand why this is done?

it's not that complicated, I don't understand why you care so much either