Why does Linus use instagram?

pcman2000

The image sharer built into twitter (pic.twitter.com) is faster to view, has no stupid filters, is higher resolution and maintains the image's original aspect ratio instead of cropping it to a 1:1 square.

I need more SSDs.

He uses it for sponsors, they seem to care about that stuff.

Makes you popular and hip.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I hate instagram myself.

he's using it due to what I believe to be pressure from companies that want to see he is active in the lame social media circle before investing.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

To be closer to his fans/subscribers/followers maybe. Some of us might like it, might not like it, but if works for Linus to garner more audience then good for him. He's doing it for living. Personally, I don't care.

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

It gets his name out there and looks good for investors

Instagram has been nothing but a hassle for non-users ever since facebook bought it and broke all integration with Twitter.

And filters suck.

But yeah, Linus is likely only using it for the sake of his sponsors.  I doubt he likes it either.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I don't understand the allure of instagram. Sponsor's love their clients being "hip" though, so more power to you Linus!

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Most of the time I won't bother checking out a photo. If I'm on twitter i want to be able view images on the client.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Sponsors almost require you to use all of the popular social networking platforms, including Instagram.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

To be closer to his fans/subscribers/followers maybe. Some of us might like it, might not like it, but if works for Linus to garner more audience then good for him. He's doing it for living. Personally, I don't care.

lol to be closer

this is the mentality I would expect back when myspace came out and famous people got myspace accounts haha

no one wants everything and if they do they dont use them all unless they are insane :P or pressured into it by companies who want them to look hip and "with it" when it is so stupid

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

The people holding the purse strings care so he does it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers