GTX 760 vs 7950

I currently have a 1680x1050 20 inch monitor, and am planning on upgrading to 1080 (if it's worth it) in the near future. I will be ugprading my graphics card today from a GTX 460 1GB. I was wondering whether to get this

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=84902&vpn=AX7950%203GBD5-2DHV5E&manufacture=PowerColor&promoid=1275

or this

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=85445&vpn=N760%20TF%202GD5%2FOC&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar

As they both cost roughly the same. Can someone help me decide which one is better and why?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

out of those two i would say the 760 but i would suggest the msi 7950 or gigabyte 7950 over both of them as they are better cards....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Twin Frozr because it has a awesome cooler and is Cheaper than the 7950

How come?

How come?

The 760 because powercolor isn't as trusted of a company as MSI so better to go with the slightly slower card for better quality/cooling/service.

Why?

This might be a bit of a silly question, but red doesn't go well with my build. Will I be able to see the red stickers on the MSI Gaming 760 once it's installed?

Most review sites have a picture of the "installed" system.

Wouldnt be too hard to find out.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Can you please tell me why

Can you please tell me why

It has more memory and bandwidth than the 760, which can really help at much higher resolutions. You may only be gaming at 900p or 1080p now, but the 7950 will have the grunt to do a little more should you need it. Its great for tri-monitor setups as well.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

7950. It's just better, more memory, higher bus speed, better performance especially when overclocked.

I'd go for the 7950, faster card, more video memory, overclocks incredibly well and can handle higher resolutions much more gracefully than the GTX 760.

It has more memory and bandwidth than the 760, which can really help at much higher resolutions. You may only be gaming at 900p or 1080p now, but the 7950 will have the grunt to do a little more should you need it. Its great for tri-monitor setups as well.

Thanks, I think I will settle for the 7950 (it also comes with LOADS of free games) :D

Is this one a good deal? Much cheaper than the rest

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=84902&vpn=AX7950%203GBD5-2DHV5E&manufacture=PowerColor&promoid=1275

Thanks, I think I will settle for the 7950 (it also comes with LOADS of free games) :D

Is this one a good deal? Much cheaper than the rest

People are usually cautious  of Powercolor, but that card specifically is excellent , great GPU & VRM cooling, I say go for it !

People are usually cautious  of Powercolor, but that card specifically is excellent , great GPU & VRM cooling, I say go for it !

I plan on keeping this card for quite a while (maybe even a few years, which is why the extra RAM will be useful). What is wrong with Powercolor, and will the card break sooner than others? Also, how do you know that card is "excellent" :P 

I plan on keeping this card for quite a while (maybe even a few years, which is why the extra RAM will be useful). What is wrong with Powercolor, and will the card break sooner than others? Also, how do you know that card is "excellent" :P

It's just that if you go to websites like newegg you will find more negative reviews for some of the powercolor cards compared to the others, but I personally researched this particular powercolor 7950 because I myself was going to buy one, and everything I've heard about it was great, it runs very quiet (quietest two slot 7950 to date), it's runs very cool (both the GPU and VRMs) and its got unlocked voltage control.

It's only accompanied by a 2 year warranty though, if you want something that will last you forever consider an XFX card, any dual fan XFX card is offered with a lifetime warranty as long as you register the card within the first month of purchase.

It's just that if you go to websites like newegg you will find more negative reviews for some of the powercolor cards compared to the others, but I personally researched this particular powercolor 7950 because I myself was going to buy one, and everything I've heard about it was great, it runs very quiet (quietest two slot 7950 to date), it's runs very cool (both the GPU and VRMs) and its got unlocked voltage control.

It's only accompanied by a 2 year warranty though, if you want something that will last you forever consider an XFX card, any dual fan XFX card is offered with a lifetime warranty as long as you register the card within the first month of purchase.

Could you link me to some reviews of this specific powercolor card? just want to make sure :) I'm 95% sure I'm going to buy it though

Here you go : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207.html

Noise Comparison : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-12.html
The shroud on the card looks slightly different here as compared to the NCIX pictures (the one on NCIX has the 7970 shroud), but the coolers & fans are exactly the same on both.

The less expensive card I would imagine is the better value, the difference is very minimal, both use the same cooler, one has a slightly different PCB than the other.

The cheaper card I believe utilizes the 7970 reference PCB (2 DVI connectors) while the more expensive card utilizes either a reference 7950 PCB or a non-reference PCB design.

The less expensive card I would imagine is the better value, the difference is very minimal, both use the same cooler, one has a slightly different PCB than the other.

The cheaper card I believe utilizes the 7970 reference PCB (2 DVI connectors) while the more expensive card utilizes either a reference 7950 PCB or a non-reference PCB design.

The coolers look slightly different from each other - what do you think?