Will fx 8350 be equal to i5 4690K in gaming(DX12) and multitasking

bro one last thing since i am playing only at 180p at 60fps should i get 4690K or 4690

If you have the budget, you should go for an i5-4690k.  If not, then an i5-4460 will be plenty.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Any purchases based on what DirectX 12 might do someday are equivalent to gambling. As others have said, even if DX12 does what everyone seems to hope it will, it could still be years down the line before it actually begins to matter in real games. An 8350 isn't even a very good gaming CPU today, it certainly won't be what we're comparing Core i5's to two years from now.

i'll just quote faceman here, he resumed the situation very well in his first post:

That's all there is to say, it will not magically fix everything, a game is still a game there will always be CPU limitations with a chip that has the single-threaded performance of an 8+ years old CPU.

With my benchmarking and hypothesis from the results, the IPC is around that of a Celeron M380, which is just a heavily improved Pentium III.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

With my benchmarking and hypothesis from the results, the IPC is around that of a Celeron M380, which is just a heavily improved Pentium III.

In terms of instructions per cycle PER CORE, maybe...i don't know.

But piledriver is a CPU architecture that is a fish in water at around 4 to 4.5ghz...easily...and you get 8 integer units on an FX-8350, with a lot more cache than those old intel CPU's...so relative performance of the chip overall is much greater with the AMD FX and you do have to get into the low-clocked locked sandy-bridge core i5 to find CPU's that offer similar gaming performance to those FX monster chip. But still, some users have been able to clock Q9650 to 4ghz+ and get similar performance to AMD FX...that's more the ''8 years old'' type of chips i was refering to.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

In terms of instructions per cycle PER CORE, maybe...i don't know.

But piledriver is a CPU architecture that is a fish in water at around 4 to 4.5ghz...easily...and you get 8 integer units on an FX-8350, with a lot more cache than those old intel CPU's...so relative performance of the chip overall is much greater with the AMD FX and you do have to get into the low-clocked locked sandy-bridge core i5 to find CPU's that offer similar gaming performance to those FX monster chip. But still, some users have been able to clock Q9650 to 4ghz+ and get similar performance to AMD FX...that's more the ''8 years old'' type of chips i was refering to.

I know about the similar performance, I had my Xeon X5450 at 4.5GHz 2 CB away from my i5 4440. That's flogging an AMD FX.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Fx 8350/20 is still a good enough CPU for gaming today. "Upgrading" to Intel, doesn't worth the money unless money is not that much of a problem for you. Yes, I woudn't buy it for a new rig and I woudnt upgrade and ease my wallets pain by making a thread like this either. I do hope DX12 gets me closer to i5 in gaming.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....