Wait to Play Arkham Knight?

I currently have a copy of Batman Arkham Knight (physical copy from Best Buy preorder) sitting in my lap.

Would it be wise to wait until bugs are fixed? Does anyone know where they are on fixing textures and frame rates?

Kill the Machine!

They removed the game from sale, and now Rocksteady is on board with the PC port team (Iron Galaxy, who screwed it up in the first place) to fix it.

You own the game, activate it on Steam and wait for them to re-release it - maybe in a week or two I assume, hopefully this won't take too long.

They suspended sales on steam. That should tell you how bad the state is. ETA is probably a long freaking while.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I am actually waiting for them to fix this whole situation.

The game runs like butter for me

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

RETURN IT.

Buy a digital copy, on next years steam summer sale. Send a message, it's not like the game is going to vanish.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have it activated on steam, just not installed yet. I think I'll wait a little while and see where this goes.

Kill the Machine!

The game runs like butter for me

Same for me, Albeit it at 30fps (I haven't attempted to change the .ini) I'm about an hour or so into the story with a longer playtime from just driving about, I'm debating not playing any further though, since apparently along with optimisation their could be graphical improvements (rain affects etc) so I kind of want the best experience from it that I can, if that doesn't happen I can always continue to play as is without an issue. 

Shame so many people are having problems, its an above average game imo. 

Couldn't find a thread on console forum so.. Is it running fine for consoles??

Runs and looks great on PS4

Since you got a physical copy that you activated on steam you'll have tough time returning it. Maybe best buy will take it if you convince them that the key is still active. But I doubt that you can do that. And you can't use Steam refund for it since it's not bought through Steam.

So since you are stuck with it you might as well play it if it runs to your satisfaction. If not wait. But be prepared to wait for a while. I doubt that they would take it off Steam if they can patch it within a week or two. I'm expecting there to be a huge fix for it and I doubt that it will come any time soon.

Maybe they will release few hotfixes for those who can't refund it. But they will only help a little.

I've been playing it and I get decent frames, ofc there is still alot of fps drops but it's better than what others are getting.
For me it never dips below 40 fps on 1440p.

But yeah it's better to wait them to re-release it, I've been playing it in small bits as I want the best experience when it's fixed.