titan trouble

Divamage

i recently purchased a titan x and ive been playing gta v 

ive only had this card 1 day and suddenly my entire 250d pc cut out 

after turning it rebooted itself smoke started pouring out of the gpu

now it wont even light up or spin fans

can anyone help

@miku126 RMA it. What are your system specs? 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

...If smoke came out of the card and nothing is working...

rip. Time to RMA.

Core i7 4970K  | MSi Z97-G45 | MSi GTX 970 (Non-OC) | 8GB of RAM | 120GB SanDisk Ultra Plus (OS) | 1TB WD Black (Games) NZXT Phantom 410  | Corsair 650M

RMA IT. probably died

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

This reminds me of a nice poetic thing.

Every electronic part contans magic smoke, when that smoke comes out, it no longer works.

So yea that's a dead card you have there, send it RMA.

edit: 1 day is actually a DOA, so they should give you a new one right away, if they have one in stock.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

my 250d is just like the one linus built but with a titan x

the motherboard hdd ram etc work

but the card is a no go

but the card is a no go

RMA it then 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Turns out it's quite big then! :D didn't know that about the smoke.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

First you'll need a grappling hook and swords

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

but the card is a no go

Contact the shop where you got the titan from and tell them you want to RMA the card because it's DOA.

They know what it all means, i hope °_°

Did you have a sufficient power supply for it? Is your PC on a battery backup, or at the very least a actual surge protector? As in, not a power strip.

RMA and I hope you get a new one without too much hassle.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

case 250d

16gb huperx fury

h100i

corsaire 850 rm

mobo asus maximus impact

ithe cards gonna be collected tomorow

and hopefuly ill get a replaceement with in a day

i got it from amazon

thinking back the frame rate tanked from 50 to 19

then pop

is there a forum where i can get info on air cooling titan x properly

yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss 

amazon contacted me and im gettuin my new titan x on the 25th this month

Lucky it didn't take out the rest of the computer.

If you see smoke from anything you never try to power it back on.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Lucky it didn't take out the rest of the computer.

If you see smoke from anything you never try to power it back on.

I had a motherboard (the one I am using right now!) emit the magic blue smoke when a faulty DVI cable was plugged into the onboard graphics. It kept running but I shut it down immediately. I successfully replaced the SOT23 mosfet that asploded and it has been working fine since. The same cable had been causing my graphics cards to crash so I was troubleshooting the cards by just using onboard and well... thats when it blew up my mytherboard. Lets just say that asrock's RMA support is about as useful as well, an ass rock.