MSI X99S SLI PLUS with 18 seconds of POST time

Go to solution Solved by UnknownEngineer,

I would say there is something wrong with it, I think MSI has support you can contact for this.

BIOS loading times can't really be fixed by the user, MSI may want to take a look at your mobo.

EDIT: You will need to register your mobo on their support site, I am guessing that you will be able to send them support ticket.

https://register.msi.com/

Hey Guys!

So I have this MSI X99S SLI PLUS, a really good looking motherboard. But I noticed it has a BIOS time of 18 seconds (that is reported by Windows). I also notice that takes a really long time to get going. Is it this slow, or is there something wrong?

Sincerely,

SImon

What I say, I believe is real. I surrender when you prove me wrong, I love you btw

What are you storing Windows on (assuming that's what you're using)?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Windows is stored on a SSD. But it's not Windows that has a slow boot time, it's the motherboard.

What I say, I believe is real. I surrender when you prove me wrong, I love you btw

I would say there is something wrong with it, I think MSI has support you can contact for this.

BIOS loading times can't really be fixed by the user, MSI may want to take a look at your mobo.

EDIT: You will need to register your mobo on their support site, I am guessing that you will be able to send them support ticket.

https://register.msi.com/

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Damn it. Thanks anyway. I'll hit em' up :D