Impressed with the growth of our folding team

If that's the case check out AM3 systems:)

Those are actually around the same performance as LGA775 systems so they are a good choice. Especially if a hex core Phenom II is used.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Those are actually around the same performance as LGA775 systems so they are a good choice. Especially if a hex core Phenom II is used.

Yea exactly, I need to find a Phenom or Athlon x4 for my AM3 board, the Athlon x2 is not that good for folding...

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Yea exactly, I need to find a Phenom or Athlon x4 for my AM3 board, the Athlon x2 is not that good for folding...

ya theres a x2 4200 with an asus mobo going for 40$ here

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

ya theres a x2 4200 with an asus mobo going for 40$ here

WOW ya that is amazing, I would definitely pick one or both up even. Will have to get DDR3 for them but you can get a 2x4gb kit for $50 now. 

My room at home is so cold in the winter, I can't wait to use folding as a space heater.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

i did fold once... unfortunately my room is a small one with not much circulation and r9 290s are hot cards + mom and dad didn't like it when my computer popped the breaker...oops  

WOW ya that is amazing, I would definitely pick one or both up even. Will have to get DDR3 for them but you can get a 2x4gb kit for $50 now.

are the Athlon X2's good for folding ?

Edit: it's a pretty low end dual core on the am2 socket. Would my pentium 4 dual core at 2.8 beat it ?

Edit: turns out my pentium 4 620 is a single core with hyperthreading

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

i Just got into Folding about 1 and a half months ago Currently at 1.5Million points but This has been 95% CPU folding only i see some of the numbers people on here get with GPUS and it discourages me a little as i cant compete with it at all. I have a Xeon E3-1240V2 folding 24/7( work PC) and i try to fold with a laptop i have when i know it wont be moved for a little bit of time which has a older I7-2630qm and a GT555m but that 555m doesn't seem to be able to score much at all. i am in the process of building a desktop at home that im sure ill fold with have everything but a GPU/ Monitor saving up for them now sure my PPD will skyrocket  when its done and ill try getting all 3 going at once 

are the Athlon X2's good for folding ?

Edit: it's a pretty low end dual core on the am2 socket. Would my pentium 4 dual core at 2.8 beat it ?

Edit: turns out my pentium 4 620 is a single core with hyperthreading

If you use the chrome based one for folding on the Athlon x2 it does good. I would say do that and you can always get an Athlon x4 or even a Phenom down the road. And folding on the Pentium 4 would not be worth the power bill, Athlon x2 is almost s Pentium equivalent from 2010.

If you use the chrome based one for folding on the Athlon x2 it does good. I would say do that and you can always get an Athlon x4 or even a Phenom down the road. And folding on the Pentium 4 would not be worth the power bill, Athlon x2 is almost s Pentium equivalent from 2010.

it says that the Athlon was released around the same year and has a higher tdp
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

The Pentium 4 is a lot slower however, so you need to keep that in mind.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Also this is the Athlon that is most likely in that system http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103688

The pentium 4 was around until 2008 I believe and had a 95 watt TDP on the last models. The Athlon x2 from 2009 had a TDP of 65 watts and performed almost the same as a Pentium Dual-Core and even the Core 2 Duos.

Also this is the Athlon that is most likely in that system http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103688

The pentium 4 was around until 2008 I believe and had a 95 watt TDP on the last models. The Athlon x2 from 2009 had a TDP of 65 watts and performed almost the same as a Pentium Dual-Core and even the Core 2 Duos.

well the athlon im talking about, they stopped making in 2008

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

well the athlon im talking about, they stopped making in 2008

Hmm it might be an Athlon 64 x2? AM2?

Hmm it might be an Athlon 64 x2? AM2?

Ya it's an am2. It's the Athlon x2 4200
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Ya it's an am2. It's the Athlon x2 4200

Ah dang, to old to use for folding, you would be better off with a new system like you wanted and using that to fold whenever

oh sit I'm definitely going to start folding when I came back from Mexico !!!

Wow I was 17th or 16th with 20million or so points.

And it took over a year I think to get that.

Haven't been back to folding for a while because of money and mobo issues but I'll eventually get back into it when I do my next major upgrade.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Wow I was 17th or 16th with 20million or so points.

And it took over a year I think to get that.

Haven't been back to folding for a while because of money and mobo issues but I'll eventually get back into it when I do my next major upgrade.

Wow, that's impressive. I am fortunate to have a powerful machine so I could have probably gotten to 20 million in 14-15 total weeks, but apparently if I let the GPU fan run at whatever it wants to it will start burning up bearings after a few months, so I have to be careful haha.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804