Logitech C920 Full HD Webcam Review

I have needed to upgrade my webcam for a long time but could not justify the £80 for the C920

however when I discovered that is had been reduced to £50 I had no excuse not to buy it. 

Now my first impression of the C920 are that it is very will built and also has a awesome design.

It records at 1080p 30 frames per second allowing the image to be crisp and clear and also smooth.

The one disappointment with the C920 is the built in stereo mic that has over all poor quality however 

is not a surprise as built in mic's never seem to be that good so I recommend that you use a external mic.

Specs

--- Full HD 1080p

--- 30 FPS

--- Auto Focus

--- Stereo Mic

--- 15 Megapixel 

--- Tripod Mount

The software includes multiple features, but first, you must download it from the Logitech website. Motion Detection is pretty cool, but I don’t see anyone using it, unless you expect someone to be snooping around your pc. The settings are impressive, you can play around with pretty much anything. When recording in a dark room, you have to increase exposure, but unfortunately it turns down the FPS, making the content framerate not as smooth. The software is nice, as it also contains a preview of the webcam, so you can see what you are actually doing. If anything should be changed, it could be that when you hover over the settings, it would explain exactly what it did, what trade off it had, and what they recommend using(which is of course the default settings)

Software Download http://support.logitech.com/product/hd-pro-webcam-c920

Conclusion 

Pros:

Well made 

Good video quality

Premium Product 

Cons:

Bad built in stereo Mic

I wonder when we're going to have 60 fps webcams...

One of the many reasons I really like the PS Eye. Resolution sucks, but it has 60 and even 120 fps. IR and a few other bells and whistles.

One of the many reasons I really like the PS Eye. Resolution sucks, but it has 60 and even 120 fps. IR and a few other bells and whistles.

Was going to say this.

I couldn't get the mic working on mine on the computer.

Ir? Any ir functionality on computer?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Was going to say this.

I couldn't get the mic working on mine on the computer.

Ir? Any ir functionality on computer?

What drivers did you use? I'm using codelaboratories' drivers (once upon a time they were free, I still have a backup stashed somewhere on my NAS xD), and mic worked fine the last time I tested it. (mind I have an intergrated laptop webcam and mic I use currently, and the last time I used mine was a few years ago xD

As to IR functionality... Well, not really, it was simply a cool little gimmick to enable in Skype when videochatting xD. It had a bunch of options inside, you could play with colors, fps and a lot of other stuff.

What drivers did you use? I'm using codelaboratories' drivers (once upon a time they were free, I still have a backup stashed somewhere on my NAS xD), and mic worked fine the last time I tested it. (mind I have an intergrated laptop webcam and mic I use currently, and the last time I used mine was a few years ago xD

As to IR functionality... Well, not really, it was simply a cool little gimmick to enable in Skype when videochatting xD. It had a bunch of options inside, you could play with colors, fps and a lot of other stuff.

I'm using the same drivers.

They aren't still free?

My mic on it is just all static.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm using the same drivers.

They aren't still free?

My mic on it is just all static.

Hmm weird. Did it work in the PSEye Test application? Play around with the windows microphone settings?

As to whether or not they are still free:

v0YvdgS.png

tkx9Odr.png

The answer is no. Not really. I mean it's not a big price by any means, it it's actually quite reasonable... But still xD. I'll just go and try to find my own old backup of them :P

Hmm weird. Did it work in the PSEye Test application? Play around with the windows microphone settings?

As to whether or not they are still free:

v0YvdgS.png

tkx9Odr.png

The answer is no. Not really. I mean it's not a big price by any means, it it's actually quite reasonable... But still xD. I'll just go and try to find my own old backup of them :P

Nope, didn't work in pseye test.

Doesn't really matter, I have another mic.

Ah, when I got it less than a year ago it was free

• 2 weeks later...