Help! Hacked in CSGO

Daniel0898

One of my friends invited me to a lobby and told me to go to overtalk.net DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS. EVER! It was malware, it instantly crashed my steam and he took all of my rare skins, (case hardened huntsman being the worst one lost). I'm running all my scans and everything should be okay, so at this point i'm wondering if there is any way to recover any of theses skins?

Can i contact valve? Will they even do anything?

What I do know is NEVER DOWNLOAD FROM OVERTALK.NET. 

It looks so real! I actually thought it was legit, go look at it it's so bull!

Anyway any help is appreciated.

Nope you're pretty much screwed, try writing steam support but it can take months until you get an answer just so you know.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

One of my friends invited me to a lobby and told me to go to overtalk.net DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS. EVER! It was malware, it instantly crashed my steam and he took all of my rare skins, (case hardened huntsman being the worst one lost). I'm running all my scans and everything should be okay, so at this point i'm wondering if there is any way to recover any of theses skins?

do you know this friend irl?

contact steam. it took my friends around 2 weeks to get his stuff back

You can report your false-friend, other than that there isn't much you can do.

To my knowledge stolen skins aren't returned until action is taken against the individual; and please don't tell people to "go look" at a confirmed scam site :P

trades have to be verified through email, check your email.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Umm... I would be more scared about my steam games instead of my skins.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Contact Valve, It is hard to track items but it is worth a try.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

valve won't give back your skins...but u can inform them about the malware

Ok

Only thing you can do in contact steam as said. Unfortunately this happens a lot  to unsuspecting people.Chances of getting your skins back are very slim. I bet the dude has already gotten rid of them.

Rip skins. How did he manage to convince you to download that anyway?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

You can report your false-friend, other than that there isn't much you can do.

To my knowledge stolen skins aren't returned until action is taken against the individual; and please don't tell people to "go look" at a confirmed scam site :P

Nothing happens until you hit download 

Rip skins. How did he manage to convince you to download that anyway?

The site looks really legit, and i was genuinely interested in a way i could talk to my friends without it being in game. So i figured I'd try it.

Nothing happens until you hit download 

I would like you to tell me why you hit the download button :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Only thing you can do in contact steam as said. Unfortunately this happens a lot  to unsuspecting people.Chances of getting your skins back are very slim. I bet the dude has already gotten rid of them.

He has, I went to my trade offers and saw that like 20 of my rarest skins had been traded to a lvl 1 account, and when i went to that account, they weren't there.

I would like you to tell me why you hit the download button :P

Look at my last post.

trades have to be verified through email, check your email.

I thought that too until i saw my items magically vanish without an email in sight.

do you know this friend irl?

contact steam. it took my friends around 2 weeks to get his stuff back

No hi is not an irl friend

The site looks really legit, and i was genuinely interested in a way i could talk to my friends without it being in game. So i figured I'd try it.

Talk to your friend without being in game? You mean the magical thing known as skype?

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10

Talk to your friend without being in game? You mean the magical thing known as skype?

I know i have that, but I thought this could be better since me and some of my irl friends seem to have occasional trouble.

Sounds like your friend got hacked to and they sent that message.Happens more than you would believe

Just looked at that website,

Jesus it looks legit as hell.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

odds are its gone forever. when i contacted valve about losing skins due to scam they denied help.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)