AAA v Indie?

MzCatieB

AAA v Indie, what leads the way for the future of gaming in your opinion?

Character artist in the Games industry.

Indie, star made and cube world prove that

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

I enjoy lots of indie games but also like the AAA games, mostly for the massive multiplayer.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Indie in my opinion, they are more willing to push the progression of game mechanics than AAA cause they arnt bound by financial figures as much

Character artist in the Games industry.

You get amazing stuff from both. Games like borderlands 2 or trine 2. They make my day. Also once upon a time back when minecraft was in alpha, i loved that game back then.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

AAA, I enjoy a game that lasts for 6+ hours, not some indie puzzle platformer 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

They've both got their merits imo; AAA is useful for games which need a lot of money, whereas indies can take more risks/make niche games.

It all depends. For pushing hardware to the limit and providing the consumers with thrilling experiences and breath taking graphics, I have to say AAA.

But for being willing to take risks and acctually moving the industry forward in ways of thinking: Indie.

All in all I have to go with indie. A game like Minecraft, Fez or Kerbal Space Program would have never been made by Activison or EA. And those are the games that are pushing the boundaries of genre and how a game is acctually amde 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Both.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

AAA makes you feel like you are the player not just the one controlling the character.

Sadly most Indie games just don't have the resources available to them when being developed so fall behind when it comes to visuals and mechanics

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Indies usually have great ideas behind the game and in general are very creative and uniqie, but lack the resources to make it more visually pleasing and to include great engines and all that.

AAA titles have the resources to make huge steps forward in terms of graphics and efficient engines, but there generally isn't much creativity.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

I prefer AAA, indies have interesting ideas but dont have the manpower nor the budget of AAA productions. As a result the games turn out to be short, cut down and usually revolve around 1 simple mechanic, I dont like that.
AAA's are the masters of polish and quality, indies while they do have interesting ideas, those dont always translate to ''good games''.
And really I enjoy a well crafted, high quality AAA game more than an indie.

NOTE that by indie i mean what you see pop up on steam/xbox live/PSN (which thanks to Braid seems to be mostly puzzle platformers) every once in a while, because indie isn't a genre, a game's development process doesn't define the games genre,
e.g Starcraft and WoW are technically indie (i.e developed and financed independently from a publisher), yet they are AAA quality.
As far as what leads the way for the future of gaming, both are very trendy, the AAA trend these days is brown washed out ''realistic'' fps and the indie trend is puzzle platformers so in a way its neither in particular. Or you could say its ''both'' ;p

Most indie developers don't have the resources to push new technology out, they just offer a more "free" idea of what a game can be.

You get amazing stuff from both. Games like borderlands 2 or trine 2. They make my day. Also once upon a time back when minecraft was in alpha, i loved that game back then.

Is that Lu Bu?? Haha, that was always my fathers character in Dynasty Warriors when i was little 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Is that Lu Bu?? Haha, that was always my fathers character in Dynasty Warriors when i was little 

Yes it is, one of my main reasons for the ps3. Its a shame i wont be able to play the next games on the ps4. unless they come to pc.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I like them both too much to make a decision.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

AAA. The day an indie game beats the completion of a game series like the Mass Effect trilogy and gives me decisions like that and like Knights of the Old Republic, I guess I'll have to switch.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I prefer AAA, but I Do think that eventually indie will take over.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

AAA pushes graphics and pushes how nice a game is.

Indie pushes forward and changes the gaming industry.

Basically Indie paves the road and then AAA makes the road look pretty.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

AAA v Indie, what leads the way for the future of gaming in your opinion?

do you develop indie games?

i'd like to support you by buying a game or two.

links? :)