What SSD to pick

Hey guys, I'm looking to get an ssd for my pc before windows 10 releases so I can get the free copy by installing one of the preview builds. I have some questions however, I was looking for an ssd but I didn't really know what to look for. After investigating a bit I had 2 choices left, namely the samsung 850 evo and the adata premier pro sp900. They both have read and write speeds of about 500 MB/s but the Adata drive is about 15 euros cheaper. What are the benefits of going with the 850 or should I just go for the cheaper sp900? I'm going for a 120 GB drive btw and I live in the Netherlands.

Also, I have a 1TB hard drive in my pc right now with an OS on it. After installing windows 10 on the ssd can I plug the hdd back in and take some data off?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm quite the noob when storage is involved, I hope you guys can help :)

Samsung! Don't go Adata for anything!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

A-Data has some good stuff.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Uh... Back up that statement.

Adata RAM is fine and the SP900 and SP920 are fine.

Okay but are there different benefits when going for the 850 evo?

BX100?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

the bx100 is about the same price as the sp900 so that would be a viable option aswell

Okay but are there different benefits when going for the 850 evo?

Compared the SP900/902, BX/MX 100/200... nah... they are all pretty darn fast.

OCZ ARC is usually cheap too, the controller tech is old but not too big a deal.

What about the HyperX fury? It's currently even cheaper than all of those.

Samsung if those are your choices, I'm partial to Crucial only because they're generally cheaper than Samsung, but I choose them due to my desire for larger storage. Also, the BX100 is 500gb with 535 MB/s Reads / 450 MB/s Writes so close to your target. USD it's 179.99 and 158.50 in Euro's.

Edit: Tarty to the party I suppose lol

CIS Student

Bleeding Panther

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-5820K | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX | Thermatake TG-7 | Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti | MSI X99S Gaming 7 | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GBx2 | Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB x2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass | EVGA 850 G2 | Corsair Air Series SP120x6 | Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master 2S | Audio-Technica M50x Headphones

So whichever one I pick, they are all pretty damn fast? Also what about my question of rescueing some data from my hdd after installing windows on the ssd?

A-Data has some good stuff.

Not from my experience. Besides, at a small difference in cost it still wouldn't make sense (and be a poor decision) to go for A-data over Samsung. :)

Uh... Back up that statement.

Adata RAM is fine and the SP900 and SP920 are fine.

Personal experience. I always used A-data because of budgets. I have regretted it each and every time. And I have seen many more who would agree, some of which exist on this forum (deal section often has the complaints).

Especially the RAM. No, mostly the RAM....

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yeah that's the one I meant.

For moving large files around it is great, but as a boot SSD it will lack snappiness when loading/running Windows... compared to the others.

For moving large files around it is great, but as a boot SSD it will lack snappiness when loading/running Windows... compared to the others.

So basically if I can afford it it's better to go for the 850 evo. it's just 15 euros anyways.

So basically if I can afford it it's better to go for the 850 evo. it's just 15 euros anyways.

Correct... as the guy above mentioned, the BX100 is really good too.

And is it possible to rescue some data from my hdd on which I'm currently running windows on after installing windows on the ssd?

And is it possible to rescue some data from my hdd on which I'm currently running windows on after installing windows on the ssd?

Uhmmm, you can "rescue" as much as you want.  =) 

Do you mean move games over?  You will have around 85-95GB for programs after Windows is installed.

Personal experience. I always used A-data because of budgets. I have regretted it each and every time. And I have seen many more who would agree, some of which exist on this forum (deal section often has the complaints).

Especially the RAM. No, mostly the RAM....

Personal experience is a small sample size that means very little.

"WD IS BAD"

"SEAGATE IS BAD"

"INTEL SUCKS"

Uhmmm, you can "rescue" as much as you want.  =) 

Do you mean move games over?  You will have around 85-95GB for programs after Windows is installed.

Awesome! No I just mean some photo's and some word documents for school. Thanks for the help man!

Personal experience is a small sample size that means very little.

"WD IS BAD"

"SEAGATE IS BAD"

"INTEL SUCKS"

Maybe so if there weren't lots of others who have had bad experience with A-data as well...but okay. Sure.

Maybe so if there weren't lots of others who have had bad experience with A-data as well...but okay. Sure.

And I can find just as much bitching about Samsung, Kingston, Crucial, Intel, etc...etc..etc... You just pay attention to those complains because you have had personal issues.

Don't be dumb.

And I can find just as much bitching about Samsung, Kingston, Crucial, Intel, etc...etc..etc... You just pay attention to those complains because you have had personal issues.

Don't be dumb.

Just as much? Really? You can find just as many complaints? :o I'd be real interested in seeing that actually...but whatever, I'm sure you can find a lot of complaints for other brand (Seagate for example). This was not argued. What was being discussed is that A-data in comparison to other brands is crappy (especially at such a low cost difference).

Oh, look, personal attacks. And over such a silly thing, too. I'm so surprised. :rolleyes: