cant enter bios please help

newtopc

first of all i have dual bios so dont think they both failed i have no clue what the problem hope some of you guys can help im off ta be i will check as soon as i get up to reply and thank you for your help #teranismyhero

What OS are you using? Windows 8.1?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

first of all i have dual bios so dont think they both failed i have no clue what the problem hope some of you guys can help im off ta be i will check as soon as i get up to reply and thank you for your help #teranismyhero

Is it  the Gigabyte Gaming 3 on your profile?

I believe your problem is that you run Windows 8.x or Windows 10, and your computer is UEFI ready. (That is very good)

You see, UEFI is this fancy thing that replaces the super old, barely touched 80's technology: BIOS.

UEFI is fast.. super fast... so fast, that you are too slow to hit the key to go in the UEFI menu screen (which we used to refer to the BIOS)

Windows 8.x and Windows 10 are fully UEFI compatible, which working together allows your computer to boot super fast.

So, how do you get to the UEFI menu?

You have different ways.

-> In Windows, open the start menu/screen, and click on the power button, now hold the SHIFT key and click on restart. Keep pressing the shift key until Windows will show a blue menu screen which will follow after the restart screen. It will look like this:

File_23356.jpg

This screen works with your mouse, keyboard, touch (if you have a touch screen), and even digitize pen. If you have trouble getting to that screen, there is another way:

Open PC Settings (or now called: Settings, under Windows 10), and go under "Update & Security" (I think it is called under Windows 8 Update and Recovery) option, then go under "Recovery", and under "Advanced startup", click on "Restart Now" button. You'll get to that blue menu screen above.

From there click on "Troubleshoot", then click on "Advance Options", then on "UEFI Firmware settings". This will restart your system and go directly to the UEFI screen. Windows can do this, as UEFI allows direct communication with the OS (assuming it is UEFI ready, which Windows 8 and 10 are. This is also why Windows boots faster. Before the BIOS could not communicate with the OS, so after the BIOS does it's lengthy hardware detection process (which is all the text passing on the screen shows), Windows/Linux based OS/wtv, had to repeat the entire process for itself. Now the UEFI, not only can send all the system specs to Windows, but also when it detects your hardware it can do everything at once, and the hardware sends it's info to the UEFI, not the UEFI start scanning the hardware. So it is all super fast).

Another way to get there, is that many motherboards now have a button either behind the computer where you have the connectors, or on the motherboard itself. If you don't have that, or you want another way, motherboard manufacture includes a software which you can get from the manufacture website for your motherboard, that you can install in Windows, and allows you to jump to the UEFI from Windows (System will restart normally, and go to the UEFI when you run the program)

I believe your problem is that you run Windows 8.x or Windows 10, and your computer is UEFI ready. (That is very good)

You see, UEFI is this fancy thing that replaces the super old, barely touched 80's technology: BIOS.

UEFI is fast.. super fast... so fast, that you are too slow to hit the key to go in the UEFI menu screen (which we used to refer to the BIOS)

Windows 8.x and Windows 10 are fully UEFI compatible, which working together allows your computer to go super fast.

You have different ways.

-> In Windows, open the start menu/screen, and click on the power button, now hold the SHIFT key and click on restart. Keep pressing the shift key until Windows will show a blue menu screen which will follow after the restart screen. It will look like this:

File_23356.jpg

This screen works with your mouse, keyboard, touch (if you have a touch screen), and even digitize pen. If you have trouble getting to that screen, there is another way:

Open PC Settings (or now called: Settings, under Windows 10), and go under "Update & Security" (I think it is called under Windows 8 Update and Recovery) option, then go under "Recovery", and under "Advanced startup", click on "Restart Now" button. You'll get to that blue menu screen above.

From there click on "Troubleshoot", then click on "Advance Options", then on "UEFI Firmware settings". This will restart your system and go directly to the UEFI screen. Windows can do this, as UEFI allows direct communication with the OS (assuming it is UEFI ready, which Windows 8 and 10 are. This is also why Windows boots faster. Before the BIOS could not communicate with the OS, so after the BIOS does it's lengthy hardware detection process (which is all the text passing on the screen shows), Windows/Linux based OS/wtv, had to repeat the entire process for itself. Now the UEFI, not only can send all the system specs to Windows, but also when it detects your hardware it can do everything at once, and the hardware sends it's info to the UEFI, not the UEFI start scanning the hardware. So it is all super fast).

Another way to get there, is that many motherboards now have a button either behind the computer where you have the connectors, or on the motherboard itself. If you don't have that, or you want another way, motherboard manufacture includes a software which you can get from the manufacture website for your motherboard, that you can install in Windows, and allows you to jump to the UEFI from Windows (System will restart normally, and go to the UEFI)

I can see why you are a trusted advisor,

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

Is it  the Gigabyte Gaming 3 on your prof

yeah its the gigabyte gaming 3 z97-x i think

Windows 8.x and Windows 10 are fully UEFI compatible, which working together allows your computer to boot super fast.

You have different ways.

File_23356.jpg

Another way to get there, is that many motherboards now have a button either behind the computer where you have the connectors, or on the motherboard itself. If you don't have that, or you want another way, motherboard manufacture includes a software which you can get from the manufacture website for your motherboard, that you can install in Windows, and allows you to jump to the UEFI from Windows (System will restart normally, and go to the UEFI when you run the program)

im on win 7 boy

What OS are you using? Windows 8.1?

Is it  the Gigabyte Gaming 3 on your profile?

I can see why you are a trusted advisor,

i sorted it out guys i change the core clock on the gpu for no reason in the bios and it seems it was colliding with msi afterb overclock at startup thanks to those who posted a comment i do appreciate it