Windows RDP Problem: Problems with the security certificate

bughHD

So while I tried to connect to one of my PC running Windows 8.1 Pro via Microsoft's Remote Desktop, this warning message came up: gxFOyS3.png

So other than just clicking the "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer", how can I solve this problem?

you get a certificate from microsoft

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

you get a certificate from microsoft

How do I do that?

Should I get it? Or is it safe without the certificate that I can just ignore the message?

yea ignore it its totally safe

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

yea ignore it its totally safe

Cool. Thanks for helping out. Btw, do you mind explaining what this whole certificate process do and why does it do it?

Cool. Thanks for helping out. Btw, do you mind explaining what this whole certificate process do and why does it do it?

I honestly have no idea and its for windows to say that THEY trust you

Certificates like these should be ignored unless you are in a high security environment generally, like a data center, or some sort of secure IT workplace. It is safe to ignore it. It is to warn you that the computer has never been connected to before and than Microsoft can not confirm or deny that the connection is safe and I would believe to keep Microsoft from being a liability. I believe the way it works is that when you RDP you have an incoming/outgoing connection so both parties are liable to some sort of damage of sorts.

TL;DR = Safe to ignore unless you work in high security workplace or somewhere like that. Keeps Microsoft from being liable to damages caused to either parties' computers, and warns you that man in the middle attack is possible (I think).

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!