Monitor Advice

Scarymonkeys

So I've decided on getting a secondary monitor due to how much multi-tasking I do. I was curious as to if you could recommend me some good monitors?

Needs:

16:9 Aspect Ratio

Preferably 1920x1080

Wants:

IPS

My current main monitor which is the Acer 1680x1050 P221w 60Hz would become a secondary. It's LCD, so would an IPS panel go alright with it? My brother has the same monitor so I'm going to test out how my eyes do with the two different monitors first. If it doesn't fare well, then I'll give my brother an upgrade and take his P221w as a secondary :).

My GPU is a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960 2GB. I would think it'd be okay as I'm only using the second one for files and whenever I record I'll have things opened up over in there. It'll also be nice for Gimp/Photoshop work and Blender (Getting into some heavier work.) as well. I would use the 1920x1080 monitor only for gaming.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

Dell Ultrasharp U2414H is pretty nice, got nice colors, looks amazing, thin bezel.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

As an owner of a Dell Ultrasharp U2414H I highly recommend it. It's great quality and looks awesome, although it's a little pricey.

Alternatively the Asus MX239H is a less expensive option. My friend has one and it's a good monitor for the money. The construction is not quite as good as the Dell and the connectivity options aren't as good, but it's still a great monitor.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

As an owner of a Dell Ultrasharp U2414H I highly recommend it. It's great quality and looks awesome, although it's a little pricey.

Alternatively the Asus MX239H is a less expensive option. My friend has one and it's a good monitor for the money. The construction is not quite as good as the Dell and the connectivity options aren't as good, but it's still a great monitor.

They're a bit out of budget but I really like the looks of the Dell. Would the Asus be the same picture? I want something sharp and colorful. How's this monitor? http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16824260109

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

They're a bit out of budget but I really like the looks of the Dell. Would the Asus be the same picture? I want something sharp and colorful. How's this monitor? http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16824260109

Looks like a decent IPS. Some complaints about quality control and returns, but that's the norm for any product. If the Asus is too much for you then you will probably be fine with the Dell S2340M.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Looks like a decent IPS. Some complaints about quality control and returns, but that's the norm for any product. If the Asus is too much for you then you will probably be fine with the Dell S2340M.

Alright. Either going to get the Dell S2340M or the Asus.

PC and Peripherals: