good cooler options at or under 160mm tall

rainbrodash666

I currently have a Hyper 212+ but it is not letting my get near my goal of a 5ghz oc on my FX6350, my case can fit a 160mm tall heat-sink and I have regular profile memory

I want to know what are some good options?

also aesthetics are important to me (no noctua fans) and if colors are involved I would prefer them to match my black / red theme.

not really interested in LCLC solutions.

thank you for any suggestions.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I currently have a Hyper 212+ but it is not letting my get near my goal of a 5ghz oc on my FX6350, my case can fit a 160mm tall heat-sink and I have regular profile memory

I want to know what are some good options?

also aesthetics are important to me (no noctua fans) and if colors are involved I would prefer them to match my black / red theme.

not really interested in LCLC solutions.

thank you for any suggestions.

If your going for 5ghz then you may need water cooling. Either make your own custom loop or get a H100i. You need the best cooling you could get because FX processors can only stand 72degrees max, and at 65degrees it throttles down.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

If your going for 5ghz then you may need water cooling. Either make your own custom loop or get a H100i. You need the best cooling you could get because FX processors can only stand 72degrees max, and at 65degrees it throttles down.

the 5ghz will probably not be a 24/7 oc, and with a 24/7 oc I aim to keep 60c max, that is why I am at 4.5ghz not 4.7.

and my case does not have a place to mount a h100 or any dual rad, I am going to mod it to take a swiftech H220 eventually but I am on air cooling for now.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

The Noctua NH-D14 is exactly 160mm high. And if you're data sheet of your tower says "max. Height Heatsink 160mm" you can usually fit at least up to 165mm Heatsink in there. 

That cooler would be perfect for higher overclocks.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

The Noctua NH-D14 is exactly 160mm high. And if you're data sheet of your tower says "max. Height Heatsink 160mm" you can usually fit at least up to 165mm Heatsink in there. 

That cooler would be perfect for higher overclocks.

In that case, the Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme is red which fits the theme and is slightly better than the NH-D14 while not being as quiet should fit. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

In that case, the Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme is red which fits the theme and is slightly better than the NH-D14 while not being as quiet should fit. 

99% sure the silver arrow wont fit, my case already has decreased headroom from the plexi window I installed and there is only 2-4mm more of clearance betwen the tips of the heatpipes and the window.

Spoiler