Best looking CPU Cooler in my system

SuspiciousBadger

Hi Linustechtips,

I built my PC a while back but at the time did not have enough money to purchase an aftermarket cooler. I looked at my PC this morning and thought to myself its been 6 months and I still have that noisy crap cooler.

So I am looking for a good looking, silent (Im using the NZXT H440 so would be dumb to have it noisy) and effective enough so I can finnaly overclock my i5 4690k.

Ill probaly also replace all fans with some super silent white fans. Or are the stock NZXT H440 fans silent enough?

Thanks alot,

EDIT: All pc parts are red and black so at least a black cooler would be nice!

Most BeQuiet's are cool,

Maybe cryorig ?

Do you have a particular budget ?

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 looks sexy as fuck and will perform excellent. I've heard it's also quiet.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I like the Scythe Ashura, it is one of my favorites and it looks black from the top. 

Bequiet dark rock pro 3 or Coolermaster nepton 240m

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Most BeQuiet's are cool,

Maybe cryorig ?

I would prefer not spending too much probaly roundabout the price of the BeQuiet! Pure RockRock(More maybe). Im thinking of purchasing the Pure Rock removing the fan spray painting it black and have the cheap and good looking cooler!

Hi Linustechtips,

I built my PC a while back but at the time did not have enough money to purchase an aftermarket cooler. I looked at my PC this morning and thought to myself its been 6 months and I still have that noisy crap cooler.

So I am looking for a good looking, silent (Im using the NZXT H440 so would be dumb to have it noisy) and effective enough so I can finnaly overclock my i5 4690k.

Ill probaly also replace all fans with some super silent white fans. Or are the stock NZXT H440 fans silent enough?

Thanks alot,

Xenofen

EDIT: All pc parts are red and black so at least a black cooler would be nice!

EDIT 2: Please dont come with these overpriced coolers keep the pricing low if possible. If average prices are round prices of those premade watercooling loops ill get one of those

H100i GTX or Dark Rock Pro 3 from be quiet!

H100i GTX is a liquid cooler that's awesome, and DRP3 is an air cooler that's gorgeous and performs really well too.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 or if you wanna go all out a NZXT x61 Kraken to maximize an overclock.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I would prefer not spending too much probaly roundabout the price of the BeQuiet! Pure RockRock(More maybe). Im thinking of purchasing the Pure Rock removing the fan spray painting it black and have the cheap and good looking cooler!

Spray paint could work, but as showed on ncix it lowers performance and paint is easly 20$, so why not just spend 20$ more on the cooler ?

Spray paint could work, but as showed on ncix it lowers performance and paint is easly 20$, so why not just spend 20$ more on the cooler ?

Good point if I would have to wait a while I guess what I am looking for doesnt match up with the price I want to pay! Dark Pro 3 it shall be! In a month! xD

Have a look at Cryorig brand. You will not be disappointed

Good point if I would have to wait a while I guess what I am looking for doesnt match up with the price I want to pay! Dark Pro 3 it shall be! In a month! xD

Well,

https://www.caseking.de/en/raijintek-ereboss-core-cpu-kuehler-120mm-cprt-014.html

you could get that and add a fan

Most BeQuiet's are cool,

Maybe cryorig ?

Be quiets usually come with black fins

I like the Scythe Ashura, it is one of my favorites and it looks black from the top. 

There is a version with black fins, it's called Ashura Shadow.

I'd go fo a be quiet Dark Rock 3 or Dark Rock 3 Pro if you want a dual tower. They lock really slick and have valid performance. If you go for red accents, you'll probably end up with a silver / shiny heatsink which would ruin the looks again.

Sorry, just read the Budget Thing. Scythe Ashura Shadwo would be my best bet then

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Either a cryoirg cpu cooler or a be quiet. Or if you like something more aggresive there is the coolermaster v8

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

If you want something to fit your colour scheme, a red Phanteks PH-TC14PE could be a great cooler, but you'd probably have to replace the fans with black ones for it to look completely right. If not that, then I'd go with one of the black heatsink Be Quiet!s.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice your budget. If you stretch your budget by $20 as @Mihemine suggested, I suppose you could still go for the PH-TC12DX in red though.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

i have the cryorig r1 ultimate and its very nice to look at.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |