Verizon bandwith control

aLemonNation

I have verizon fios and I want to control the download speed cap for my mom's computer since she doesn't need the whole 60 Mbps. Any way to do that with my router?

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

Should be able to manage her connection from the network tab on the control page.

She isn't using all 60mbps though unless she is doing some crazy power user stuff though, so I don't see much of a reason to cap er.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

why? it will automatically change depending on users and such. 

10$ says mom pays bill and kids trying to pull a fast one to get faster internet. OP unless you pay for it, or get her permission, kind of a bitch move 

I have verizon fios and I want to control the download speed cap for my mom's computer since she doesn't need the whole 60 Mbps. Any way to do that with my router?

if you want to do QOS right, you should limit everybody's bandwidth to just under your total bandwidth. for example, I have 80 down and up on FIOS, so I would set my QOS to 75, so that if somebody was downloading someting, somebody else could still watch youtube

why? it will automatically change depending on users and such. 

10$ says mom pays bill and kids trying to pull a fast one to get faster internet. OP unless you pay for it, or get her permission, kind of a bitch move 

It is just not my mom's computer. The TV, ipad, mom and dad's laptop are all on the same time I'm playing my games. They usually download movies and don't set caps so it would send all 60 mbps towards them and slowing everyone else. I asked and they said they don't mind with 10 mbps or lower. I'm not that kind of person to just knock my parents off the internet so I can play my own games. I don't pay the bill and 50 mbps is a bit too much for me. I'm fine with only 25, but it's the latency and ping that matters. If I cap her connection to 25 or 10, it would not affect my ping.

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

It is just not my mom's computer. The TV, ipad, mom and dad's laptop are all on the same time I'm playing my games. They usually download movies and don't set caps so it would send all 60 mbps towards them and slowing everyone else. I asked and they said they don't mind with 10 mbps or lower. I'm not that kind of person to just knock my parents off the internet so I can play my own games. I don't pay the bill and 50 mbps is a bit too much for me. I'm fine with only 25, but it's the latency and ping that matters. If I cap her connection to 25 or 10, it would not affect my ping.

mate thats not how internet works. it would be silly to cap everyone to a proportional part of the internet, and have extra throttling when its not needed. imho think its silly and unnecessary. im sure someone can come and help you though 

mate thats not how internet works. it would be silly to cap everyone to a proportional part of the internet, and have extra throttling when its not needed. imho think its silly and unnecessary. im sure someone can come and help you though 

Maybe you're getting the wrong idea. My mother is streaming her shows at 60 mbps which drains the internet from my grandparents and my father, and me. She can stream at 10 mbps and her stream won't lag and would not lag anyone else in the house. 

Maybe you're getting the wrong idea. My mother is streaming her shows at 60 mbps which drains the internet from my grandparents and my father, and me. She can stream at 10 mbps and her stream won't lag and would not lag anyone else in the house. 

mate, if a show only needs 10 mbps, that is all that it will use. it won't use all 60. 

my house I actually also get 60mbps down. that works out to 7mb/s. if im downloading a steam game at 7mb/s, yeah, itll clog up the internet. the second I open youtube on another device, my steam download will slow down slightly and make room for that 1080P stream just fine. 

same way in reverse. if theres a movie stream in a house that needs 2mb/s to watch,(netflix for example), it wont send all 7mb/s to it. it may right away to buffer, but it in no way will hold all 7mb/s download from the whole house for that one show. 

mate, if a show only needs 10 mbps, that is all that it will use. it won't use all 60. 

my house I actually also get 60mbps down. that works out to 7mb/s. if im downloading a steam game at 7mb/s, yeah, itll clog up the internet. the second I open youtube on another device, my steam download will slow down slightly and make room for that 1080P stream just fine. 

same way in reverse. if theres a movie stream in a house that needs 2mb/s to watch,(netflix for example), it wont send all 7mb/s to it. it may right away to buffer, but it in no way will hold all 7mb/s download from the whole house for that one show. 

Exactly

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.