Who can suggest a F@H build for $500-$750?

Any suggestions? What should my folding@home build be for $500 to $750?

Edit: Preferably low power consumption.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

If you are looking at a PC, you are somewhat limited. You need a basic PC setup, as cheap as you can get, like a corei3 something. Small driver, cheap case, then get a decent PSU and then with what you have left, the most power single GPU you can get.

This would be the simplest and most straight forward build option for the average user.

For something a little more advanced, you can typically find used 4P AMD 8000 series solutions for 400-600 dollars. Add in a power supply and you good to go. More advanced though as you need to know a bit about hardware, lot of times you are piecing these together. May need additional cooling above and beyond, and if running "naked" have to be setup correctly. Also, these rigs will run Linux but more like Ubuntu with some customization. This solution though will typically yeild more PPD then the above Windows build, but may not be quiet as energy efficient.

And, the word Folding and the term " low power consumption" typically do not mix. When you fold, things run at 100% drawing MAX power. Power consumption goes through the roof, as does heat output. :)

Now, the most energy efficient builds comparatively, still has a 4P AMD 6000 series solution beating a 4 GPU solution. We are talking 1000+ watts here and the most PPD per watt....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Meh

Thanks @Whaler_99

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8