1CPU, 1GPU, Need Parts Checked

Hi there,

I'm new to watercooling. I'd love to get my selected parts checked.

Pump: Swiftech MCP655 w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317GPH) 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6190/ex-pmp-54/Swiftech_MCP655_12v_Water_Pump_w_Speed_Control_and_38_Conversion_Kit_317_GPH.html?tl=g30c107s1802

Res: XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2184/ex-res-104/XSPC_525_Bay_Reservoir_-_Clear_Silver_Black.html?tl=g30c97s168

Rad: Alphacool NexXxos ST30 (Dual 140mm) 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22071/ex-rad-658/Alphacool_NexXxoS_ST30_Full_Copper_Slim_Profile_Dual_140mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s930#blank

Fans: Aerocool Shark 140x25 High Air Pressure (96.52 CMF | 1.069mm H2O)

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11639/fan-747/Aerocool_Shark_Black_Edition_140mm_x_25mm_High_Air_Pressure_Fan.html?tl=g36c15s775#blank

Setup will have the Res mounted in a top bay. Pump preferably at the bottom (to create more head pressure before the pump). From pump to GPU, to CPU, to Rad in the top of the case (CM Storm Stryker) and back into reservoir. The Rad will be mounted slightly higher than the reservoir.

Question:

Is the Rad sufficient for the 2 cooled components?

Are the fans powerfull enough?

How does this pump 3/8" Conversion kit work? I know most Rads and Res are G1/4 threaded. Do I need some pump top for a proper mount?

Additional Info:

There will be room for 1x120mm (back) and 2x120mm (bottom) Rad.

In foresight there will be a second GPU to be cooled. (A second Rad is propably preferable, but don't take this into consideration for the 1CPU, 1GPU loop please)

CPU = i7 4790K

GPU = GTX 980

The currect pricing for all components is €245,-. My budget isn't much above that since I have tubing etc. to buy too. (definitely keep these components under €300)

Target:

I'm looking for lower temperatures. The components will get OC with the watercooling system, but not crazy amounts (OC where air cooling could keep system under dangerous temps).

"You either die a noob. Or live long enough to be called a hacker"

i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz -- GTX980 Windforce -- 16GB RAM - BenQ XL2420G (1080p 144Hz G-sync)

Full Current Build

Just to inform you, frozencpu is closed, you cant order from them.

Other than that it all looks good, other than the fans.  Get something like gentle typhoons, NB eloops, EK Vardar, or noctua.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just to inform you, frozencpu is closed, you cant order from them.

Other than that it all looks good, other than the fans.  Get something like gentle typhoons, NB eloops, EK Vardar, or noctua.

THEY'RE CLOSED?? U sure?  :o

The Noctua's are just so damn ugly  :D I'll see if I can change.

Thanks!

"You either die a noob. Or live long enough to be called a hacker"

i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz -- GTX980 Windforce -- 16GB RAM - BenQ XL2420G (1080p 144Hz G-sync)

Full Current Build

THEY'RE CLOSED?? U sure?  :o

The Noctua's are just so damn ugly  :D I'll see if I can change.

Thanks!

Yeah, it was a big thing a while ago.

Most people know.

Especialy me, i live 5 min from them, so im pretty sure.

Yeah, Noctuas are ugly, thats why i would get the others i recoemnded

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, it was a big thing a while ago.

Most people know.

Especialy me, i live 5 min from them, so im pretty sure.

Yeah, Noctuas are ugly, thats why i would get the others i recoemnded

Off topic. But did you ever see their newspaper ad on craigslist about them getting rid of their stock?

EK water blocks...LOL

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Off topic. But did you ever see their newspaper ad on craigslist about them getting rid of their stock?

Yeah, but it said only in bulk :(

EK water blocks...LOL

Yeah.

I cant beleive frozencpu is still posting on facebook. Just digging themselves a deeper hole.