is the Corsair CX 600M good for this builds?

Hi everybody, I would like to know if you guys can assist me here with this:

I'm building 2 PC's on is for my dad (I am gonna give him my cpu/mobo and ram) and I need a second PC for my girlfriend

Important: my dad PC will NOT be used for Gaming, only for work from home, basic stuff and maybe some Photoshop. Here's the specs of whats gonna be his PC

i7 2600 (non-k)

Asus Z77 Sabertooh motherboard

16 GB RAM (4 sticks 4gb each)

here's the specs for my girlfriend PC, she's a graphic designer, and is always using Photoshop, Illustrator, Chrome at the same time, mostly.

i5-4460 

MSI Motherboard ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 B85-G41

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single DDR3 1600

My girlfriend is not a hardcore gamer, but she's into some games, she plays dota 2 in her laptop but it doesn't run very well, we din't included a graphics card because the budget is very tight, and meanwhile she's gonna use a old case I have.

I thought the CX 600M is a good option for my girlfriend, its semi-modular and maybe in the future she will put a graphics card there (GTX 750ti maybe?)

but I am concerned about my dad's PSU does he really need that PSU? is there a better option? since the budget is very tight I would like to hear your opinions

Thanks

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

CPU: i7-3770k @4.3 / GPU: GTX 1080 Asus Strix / Cooling: CoolerMaster V8 / Mobo: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth / Ram: 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury / SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / HDD: Western Digital 4TB

PSU: Corsair RM 1000 / Case: Corsair 750D / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3.5 / Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Green Kailh switches /  Mouse mat: Razer Destructor  

Monitor: BenQ XL24II 144Hz / Projector: BenQ W1070 110' Screen / Controller: Xbox One Wireless / Headset: Logitech G930 7.1 Devices: Honor 8 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10'

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Workstation PC

CPU: i5-6600k / Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX /  Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene / Ram: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @3000Mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD: Western Digital 1TB / PSU: Corsair CX 450M / Case: Corsair Air 240 / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Corsair Logitech MX Master / Keyboard: Quisan TKL Cherry MX Brown switches /

Speakers: Kanto YU2GW Headphones: Logitech H150 / Monitor: LG 29UM68-P Ultrawide 29" / 

i heard cx psus are not made with quality materials

You don't need 600w with such systems. 500w are enough

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

My CX600 has been fine for the last 18 months that I've had it. It turns on, works, and doesn't make noise

Look at EVGA B2.. or the Cx460m (i think, could be 430).. it's the only CX model thats rated well at all.

The CX line isn't bad per-say, just that the price to performance makes them a poor choice generally.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

i heard cx psus are not made with quality materials

For neither. The quality of them is bad.

I saw too in a post, it said is not that bad for casual use, but remember this builds are not meant for gaming, not even OC, I am looking for something normal, but good quality is a must, what other options I have with good price? semi-modular like the CXM is its possible?

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

CPU: i7-3770k @4.3 / GPU: GTX 1080 Asus Strix / Cooling: CoolerMaster V8 / Mobo: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth / Ram: 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury / SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / HDD: Western Digital 4TB

PSU: Corsair RM 1000 / Case: Corsair 750D / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3.5 / Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Green Kailh switches /  Mouse mat: Razer Destructor  

Monitor: BenQ XL24II 144Hz / Projector: BenQ W1070 110' Screen / Controller: Xbox One Wireless / Headset: Logitech G930 7.1 Devices: Honor 8 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10'

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Workstation PC

CPU: i5-6600k / Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX /  Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene / Ram: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @3000Mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD: Western Digital 1TB / PSU: Corsair CX 450M / Case: Corsair Air 240 / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Corsair Logitech MX Master / Keyboard: Quisan TKL Cherry MX Brown switches /

Speakers: Kanto YU2GW Headphones: Logitech H150 / Monitor: LG 29UM68-P Ultrawide 29" / 

I saw too in a post, it said is not that bad for casual use, but remember this builds are not meant for gaming, not even OC, I am looking for something normal, but good quality is a must, what other options I have with good price? semi-modular like the CXM is its possible?

evga has some cheap good psus

No, it's better to go for quality for every build. look at EVGA's B1 and B2 psus.

Look at EVGA B2.. or the Cx460m (i think, could be 430).. it's the only CX model thats rated well at all.

The CX line isn't bad per-say, just that the price to performance makes them a poor choice generally.

CX 430m is $42 on Amazon with 97 buyers and the CX 430 (non-modular) is $47 with 1.735 buyers why is that? is there something I don't know?

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

Workstation PC

i5 4690k , z97 msi g43, 1 250gb wd blue , 4gb ram (2x2) , Asus gtx 750ti 4gb all powered by a cx 550m and it's running just fine bui8ld it 2 months ago , so the cx 600 for that configuration is more then enough and the cx series is good so you're ok man.

Hi everybody, I would like to know if you guys can assist me here with this:

Snip

but I am concerned about my dad's PSU does he really need that PSU? is there a better option? since the budget is very tight I would like to hear your opinions

Thanks

I've got a i7 4790 and gtx 960 running on a cx 450m for gaming and both cpu and gpu are overclocked. Full load I use 350w and the thing stays whisper quiet. so I'd say 600 is overkill. Check out the 450's usually really cheap with rebate

edit: full load i use 375w running stress tests on cpu and gpu simultaneously, been running the cx450m for about a year now

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I've got a i7 4790 and gtx 960 running on a cx 450m for gaming and both cpu and gpu are overclocked. Full load I use 350w and the thing stays whisper quiet. so I'd say 600 is overkill. Check out the 450's usually really cheap with rebate

edit: full load i use 375w running stress tests on cpu and gpu simultaneously, been running the cx450m for about a year now

Thank you Old_Chicken for this info, by the way, do you know why the modular version on Amazon has 97 reviews but the non-modular version of the same wattage has 1700 reviews?

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

Workstation PC

Thank you Old_Chicken for this info, by the way, do you know why the modular version on Amazon has 97 reviews but the non-modular version of the same wattage has 1700 reviews?

I'm not sure why.  and actually upon inspection I have a cs 450m not a cx 450m

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q