Auto enthusiasts, need your thoughts

Hey there,

I just need opinions from the car/motorbike enthusiasts here on the forums...

Anybody ever used furniture polish to wax their cars??

I just finished giving my 2000 Ford Lynx Ghia a wipedown with some really cheap furniture polish and it looks nice under the fluorescent lamp...

waiting for daybreak to see the actual results...

should I have not done that???

I did some quick searching and found that some detailers and enthusiasts use the stuff regularly so I tried it myself...

Will post images once the sun is up...

I guess if it isn't abrasive it shouldn't hurt anything.

It might not be as durable and protect the paint like car wax does though.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

It should be okay, but I'd rather recommend using proper car polish and wax, especially autoglym. It might cost a lot, but my god does it work well (my dads 325i has autoglym lifeshine on it, works outstandingly)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Sounds crazy to me, It might wear at your paint. Furniture polish is not car wax. You should buy some detail liquid wax. its a spray on bottle and goes on easier than normal wax. Its meant for in between real coats but it does the job well on its own.

you most likly find the sun will mess with it

might yellow/ fade

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Sounds crazy to me, It might wear at your paint. Furniture polish is not car wax. You should buy some detail liquid wax. its a spray on bottle and goes on easier than normal wax. Its meant for in between real coats but it does the job well on its own.

The paint has already been worn down by acid rain and tropical heat... it's already not at its best condition (i'd get it repainted but it'll need paperwork with the LTO (our equivalent of the DMV))

you most likly find the sun will mess with it

might yellow/ fade

The car is dark green... so if anything, I'm more afraid of white stains... I use it regularly on my PC case... so far so good...

The paint has already been worn down by acid rain and tropical heat... it's already not at its best condition (i'd get it repainted but it'll need paperwork with the LTO (our equivalent of the DMV))

Well in that case whatever works. I never used to wash my old beaters with anything more than a garden hose. :)

from what I remember of car polishes they're supposed to tiny beads that break down smaller and smaller as you keep working it... unsure about furniture polish and how the chemicals in it would react with the top coat.

... /shrug... I don't think its worth cheaping out on to risk introducing micro swrils and or an adverse reaction with the top coat or even the paint below

It looks better than expected... Here's a pic after a 2 hour long trip through Metro Manila...

59dd6069e8.jpg

I really should get the headlights restored... the thing is foggy... maybe convert it to HID later on...