When did you become interested in building computers, etc?

Worth

About 6 years ago, I was so sick and tired of dealing with shitty pre-built towers that I decided to take the risk and look up some guides on building a quality tower. I spent about $200 more than a prebuilt, but that rig was amazing and is only retired from my use because it couldn't keep up anymore.

About 4 years ago I installed my first graphics card. I'd been using onboard graphics up until then and had no idea what the insides of a computer looked like.

Since then, I've built 2 computers. I'm planning on saving up a ton of money and building a new rig next summer.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

i did about a year ago when i wanted a cheaper system compared to what retail stores were offering and i wanted it to be for my needs not a general populations needs but my own.

When I was young (about 12 or so) I had the chance to take apart our computer and clean out the dust in it with compressed air, and also install a hard drive.

Since then I was kind of fascinated about how computers work etc.

I didn't really get fully into making computers looking nice until I saw a few youtube videos of modded computers and realized how crazy they looked.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

January 2012, I think that that is when I built my first computer. I think that I got interested in computers when I was 5 and was messing around with the Windows XP screen savers. I think that I became interested in hardware when I upgraded the ram in my dad's computer about 3-4 years ago.

"No signature"

i wanted to make youtube vids and found it was easyer to record on pc :Q

About 2 years ago, built my first PC 18 months ago.

"An Excellent Signature"

I was forced to be intersted. My father is a networking engineer and my mother is an industry programmer. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

about a year ago, right after my dad destroyed my laptop in half for playing too much games and not enough studying.

my response?

i got a job, i did bad in school, and spent 2k+ on my PC. (he cant break it since he did buy it)

It's one of those fuck you, in your face moments.

I got interested around Christmas 2011 and built my first PC a year ago. Then I got a proper graphics card around Christmas 2012.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

2002-ish

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)