When did you become interested in building computers, etc?

Worth

I did about 3 or 4 months ago and have been obsessed ever since.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

First build.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

First build.

When did you make your first build?

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

when I had a friend with a custom computer, that was about 2-3 years ago.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

About 2 years ago when I started to get bored with console gaming.  I've wanted to build a gaming PC ever since, and now I'm finally getting to! :D

About 2 years ago when I started to get bored with console gaming.  I've wanted to build a gaming PC ever since, and now I'm finally getting to! :D

I'm building in two weeks :D

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When did you make your first build?

Some time last June? I'm not too sure. I'm not good at keeping track of time nor do I care too much about doing so.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm building in two weeks :D

I won't be able to start until October.  The wait is killing me!

Like 1 month ago

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I won't be able to start until October.  The wait is killing me!

What's your build/budget?

I have no idea, I was into computers since I can remember. I don't know I remember being 7 or 8 years old re-installing Windows at 2am to get rid of bloatware. And even before that, trying to dual boot some weird old distro of Linux and Windows Millennium. I started VERY young as my dad used to be very interested in computers, I think he built one when I was 3 or 4 so... I was always surrounded with parts :P I'm 17 now. 

umm since I was about 10 years old... 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

In late 2008 (I was 15 years old) an issue of MaximumPC showed up at my house. It was a preview of all the awesome PC tech to come in 2009, including the juicy details about Intel's brand new Nehalem architecture. I was instantly hooked. I actually didn't find Linus until mid-2011 when the Radeon HD 6000 series was new and shiny.

I was into computers before that, but was not very in tune with the world of PC hardware. And I was a total console gamer. :lol:

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

In late 2008 (I was 15 years old) an issue of MaximumPC showed up at my house.  It was a preview of all the awesome PC tech to come in 2009, including the juicy details about Intel's brand new Nehalem architecture.  I was instantly hooked.

I actually didn't find Linus for another 2.5 years.

Yay Atlanta! GT for the win!

In late 2008 (I was 15 years old) an issue of MaximumPC showed up at my house. It was a preview of all the awesome PC tech to come in 2009, including the juicy details about Intel's brand new Nehalem architecture. I was instantly hooked. I actually didn't find Linus until mid-2011 when the Radeon HD 6000 series was new and shiny.

I was into computers before that, but was not very in tune with the world of PC hardware. And I was a total console gamer. :lol:

Just picked up a MaximumPC issue a day ago. Definitely subscribing. There is actually a tone of interesting information and news and benchmarks that would probably cater to most of the people on this forum. But to answer the question, I became interested about 2 years ago thanks to Paul from Newegg. Linus definitely helped me out a lot along the way though.

Around this time of year, last year.

I was discussing computers and tech stuff with some guys, then I just became extremely interested in the topic ever since.

in 2011/08/12

how did i discover linus i was looking for a graphic card for playing battlefield 3 then there it is linustechtips

Manners Maketh Man

Its been about two years now. I got a copy of MW2 for pc (i was a xbox gamer before) and i could barely run it on my Pentium 4 (hand-me-down) desktop. I got curious and then over spring break made a frankenstein monster-type computer out of the three desktops we had in the house (taking the best parts). Right now my pc is crap compared to the standards of this forum, but i have learned the enthusiast spirit through Linus and this forum!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

In the end of 2010 I really wanted an Xbox 360 with cod 5 WAW so I looked it up on youtube and saw all these mods for the zombie mode and I was like this is some sick shit but it was on pc so I was resarching on how to buy and build a beast PC and start watching Linus's videos. By the beginning of 2011 I had gathered up all my PC parts,that was when sandy bridge was just coming and I bought a 2500k by Linus's recommendation from there I started to game on PC. And also became interested in building PC and looking at PC hardware I couldn't afford.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

About 10 months ago.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

For me right around Christmas of last year my cousin started talking about his and it got me hooked and he showed me a video Linus made about mechanical keyboards and that's how I found his videos.

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate