Video Card Power

Jared_1

So I'm finally deciding to build a new system and I would be getting a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X.

By the time my computer is all built it's going to have:

16GB RAM

Intel® Core™ i5-4440

MSI H81M-E33

Antec VP-450 450 watts

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X

Windows 8.1

2 SATA Drives

1 CD ROM

Will I have enough power to run the Sapphire Radeon R9 270X and then some?

yup

59869.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm running a 285 on a 500w so you should be fine, cutting it a little close on the 'and then some' though for anything worth while..

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I would not recommend getting a 270x, It is just a 270 but overclocked from factory.

Id say you should step down to the 270(The performance is similar) Or stepping up to the R9 280.

R9 270 vs 270x vs 280(Give or take 10% since it is a synthetic benchmark.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2766&cmp[]=2702&cmp[]=325

You should be fine with that PSU.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I'm not sure I like running that close. If the power supply can supply 450W but 80 percent efficiency, it would be about 360 watts.

I would not recommend getting a 270x, It is just a 270 but overclocked from factory.

Id say you should step down to the 270(The performance is about the same anyways) Or stepping up to the R9 280.

I think I will get the normal 270. It only takes around 150 (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not sure I like running that close. If the power supply can supply 450W but 80 percent efficiency, it would be about 360 watts.

That is not how it works. The power supply still supplies 450W, but with an 80% efficiency that means it has to draw 560 watts from the wall to reach that wattage.

That is not how it works. The power supply still supplies 450W, but with an 80% efficiency that means it has to draw 560 watts from the wall to reach that wattage.

Thanks! There a misconception about power supplies out of my head.

Who knows. Maybe by the time I have my system built I might have a better power supply.