Hackintosh - Stuck on apple logo after verbose

After a few months of laziness, I attempted to try hackintoshing again. My previous thread here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/238087-ive-tried-an-infinite-amount-of-boot-flags-for-my-hackintosh/had a reply that I forgot to see, so I tried it once again.

This time I'm using clover instead of chameleon, and I've made more progress compared to last time. This time I found that just using -v nv_disable=1 got me the furthest, but now the furthest I get is after all the verbose text whizzes by, it boots into a black screen with an apple logo, with an empty loading bar and I have access to a spinning beach ball mouse. Here's a pic http://i.imgur.com/eCa1v6bh.jpgI let it sit there for half an hour, and nothing. The bar hasn't moved and all I can do is move around a spinning beach ball. Am I doing something wrong or am I supposed to wait longer? I've followed tonymacx86's Yosemite clover tutorial also put my DSDT and SSDT .aml files in too. My specs should be in my sig. Oh yea, I've unplugged all my other drives with windows and stuff, so its just one drive plugged in with Ubuntu on it, which I plan to install osx onto that drive (typed this on my phone so idk if the formattings all messed up)

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

Did you run it in -x mode or -f mode or -F mode. one of these could fix it. also did you manage to see the last error message before the computer got stuck? i havent touched my hackintosh in a while but isnt there a command you could do so instead of the apple logo you just get the text output of what is happening?

Did you run it in -x mode or -f mode or -F mode. one of these could fix it. also did you manage to see the last error message before the computer got stuck? i havent touched my hackintosh in a while but isnt there a command you could do so instead of the apple logo you just get the text output of what is happening?

-x would cause it to have a kernel panic and reboot into clover again, I haven't tried -f yet, will try that. -v does the verbose mode which is all that text output, but then it boots into an apple screen when its done; which is where im stuck at now

~Just the tips

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

If you can't access verbose for this part than I am not sure what to say. Generally I have had problems at this stage with drivers and it just stops at the loading of that driver. I, on the contrary, have had better luck with Unibeast as it seems to be more 'universal' without much configuration (I do prefer clover though). Could you say what you are using to install? USB flash drives seem to work better than USB external hard drive (IDK why).

I would suggest posting on tonymacx86.com as people there know alot more. As I recal they have article on this kind of issue.

Good Luck,

Sudo Chocolate

I got it to work

I removed my 970 from its pcie slot and left it somewhere, then I booted with integrated graphics and went into clover's bootloader

I didn't add any custom boot flags, I just left it to its defaults and proceeded to install Yosemite. Everything worked fine from there.

But now I'm having conundrums with installing nvidia's web drivers. I've got OSX 10.10.3, and I've downloaded 3 versions in an attempt to see if they work: 343.01.01a16, 343.01.02f01 and 346.01.02f01 .pkg files, and none of them will work. When i try running them it says something along the lines of "this osx version 10.10.3 is not supported, check nvidia's support for more info" and stuff, so which web driver version works?

~Just the tips