I've tried an infinite amount of boot flags for my hackintosh :(

I'm planning to dual boot windows and osx yosemite on my newly built rig (already have windows on it), I've been using unibeast and I'm not stuck on the boot loader trying to get to the actual mac osx installer, and I've tried every possible boot parameters, and to no avail :( whenever I try something (without verbose) it just flashes a gray screen with an apple logo in the centre for a split second then goes black and then the system reboots :( I've tried almost every possible combination of boot flags, and I switch from the gpu to the integrated graphics, but it still gives no results :L

I've got an msi z97 lga 1150 board, an i5 4690k with an msi gtx 970,and I heard that yosemite had support for the new maxwell cards, so I picked a 970. I've got 2x8gb 1600mhz ram.

I'm trying to install it to a 512gb crucial mx100 ssd which has been split into two, half of it was allocated to windows and the other is unallocated. then I have 2 wd blues 1tb each, one has windows stuff on it already and the other one is unallocated planning to put mac stuff there. (all the specs are in my siggy)

If anyone has this config and has successfully got into osx with it, pls help :(

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

Kernel panic? Did you see the error msg with -v flag?

Maybe AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext related problem. Try this fix if it is.  http://hackintosh.zone/page/osx86.html/hackintosh/articles/fix-no-hpets-available-kernel-extension-in-backtrace-comappledriverappleintelcpupowermanagement

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Use bootflags

maxmem=4096 no-zp

-POST INSTALLATION

booted with: maxmem=4096

Multibeast:

DSDTFree

-Drivers Audio: ALC1150

-Drivers Network: AtherosE2200Ethernet...

reboot, done.

@Just The Tips

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Use bootflags

maxmem=4096 no-zp

-POST INSTALLATION

booted with: maxmem=4096

Multibeast:

DSDTFree

-Drivers Audio: ALC1150

-Drivers Network: AtherosE2200Ethernet...

reboot, done.

@Just The Tips

Didn't work :( should I have it boot through the gtx gpu or integrated one? And what's "no-zp" exactly? :P

~Just the tips

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

Didn't work :( should I have it boot through the gtx gpu or integrated one? And what's "no-zp" exactly? :P

disable the integrated gpu and vt-d in the bios

and im not sure what flag that is :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I always have to take my GPU out during the installation and reseat it when i'm done.

wait what boot flags did you use and what bios settings did you use?

~Just the tips

still as kafuzzled as before :/

~Just the tips

still as kafuzzled as before :/

Just asking: What bootloader are you using? Clover or Chameleon?

If you are using Chameleon, I would Highly recommend you to try it again with Clover. As far I know you should be able to boot (OSX 10.10) with following arguments: -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1

And If I'm not completely wrong, the GTX 970 is supported on 10.10 with the latest NVIDIA Web drivers...  

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

• 2 months later...

I just built this system so its fresh on my mind. You have to add  bootflags: -v -x nv_disable=1 maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 in Chameleon or -v nv_disalble=1 you don't have to add kext-dev-mode=1 as Clover adds that in the config.plist file for you, but check that its there for post install. The reason  it keeps rebooting is because of the Gpu. adding kext-dev-mode=1 dose not help because you have not updated to latest web drivers. I ended up using clover, but I first tried Chameleon. Think I like clover a bit better. Non the less its worked when I was installing clover. If you don't use nv_disable=1 then nvda_drv=0 should work as well but did not try it. It just shuts the driver off for Nvidia and tell it to use basic monitor functions. It will lag and feel sluggish but will allow you to boot in. Then for post install you will have to add Kex-dev-mode=1 nvda_dvr=1. I am not sure about Chameleon but in Clover you will set inject Nvidia as false in config.plist. Also swap out in the Drivers64UEFI folder VBoxHfs=64.efi for HFSPlus-64. That what I had to do to get my computer to boot up consistently. Every now and then then I have to add -v to boot up.