New HP gaming PCs released

othertomperson

I'll reiterate incase it seems to be missed:

HP advertise gaming on the product pages for these products. Links and quotes provided.

My opinion was that this information was not hard to find.

If you read my previous two posts in this thread prior to the one you quoted, you'll find I provide a breakdown on how to build a (much) cheaper but higher quality build.

This of course requires reading them.

Cheaper yes but with caveats, higher quality is debatable. However you forget that to build it cheaper you have to deal with multiple vendors, mail in rebates, do the building yourself and have no software support.  You should check the details because many of the HP desktops come with in home support and 24/7 software phone support, which as I have already said you don't get if you build it yourself.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'll reiterate incase it seems to be missed:

HP advertise gaming on the product pages for these products. Links and quotes provided.

My opinion was that this information was not hard to find.

If you read my previous two posts in this thread prior to the one you quoted, you'll find I provide a breakdown on how to build a (much) cheaper but higher quality build.

This of course requires reading them.

The information is apparently hard to find because the information you found directly contradicts the information you had taken upon yourself to find. You found a source that did not call this a gaming PC, but a productivity, video editing, multitasking and gaming machine.

Yeah.. the specs don't justify the price, I would recommend an iBuyPower over this for someone who wants a prebuilt

iBuyPower? Yeah, the one that sells shit PSUs?

The information is apparently hard to find because the information you found directly contradicts the information you had taken upon yourself to find. You found a source that did not call this a gaming PC, but a productivity, video editing, multitasking and gaming machine.

Contrary to what you keep saying, I do understand the point you are trying to make, but I am saying that you haven't convincingly made that point.

Clearly you don't understand because every post you make contradicts that.

This is the post I replied to, that you're quoting from:

Where does HP advertise this PCs are aimed for gaming?

I provided the links that show the word 'gaming' in their advertising. This was not difficult to find is the only opinion expressed.

How is this a hard concept to understand?

Clearly you don't understand because every post you make contradicts that.

This is the post I replied to, that you're quoting from:

I provided the links that show the word 'gaming' in their advertising. This was not difficult to find is the only opinion expressed.

How is this a hard concept to understand?

-sigh-

Because you post did not confirm that this is a PC "aimed for gaming." Your post was HP saying that this was a productivity, multitasking and video editing PC that can also play games.

"With jaw-dropping speeds and stunning graphics, switch between designing spreadsheets, editing video and crushing your enemies on a PC that was redesigned with one goal in mind: to give you game-changing performance."

I think you are finding this such a difficult concept because you didn't actually read what you were copying and pasting. Or at least didn't understand it. This isn't being advertised as a gaming pc, it's being advertised as a high performance multi-faceted PC.

At some point you're going to have to learn that there's more to finding a source than searching for a word, copying and pasting. You actually have to read the content that you're citing because at best it could be irrelevant or it could, like in this case, directly contradict what you are saying. Like you literally seem to think that this is being marketed as a gaming PC because it contains the phrase "game-changing performance" in relation to spreadsheets and video editing.

Because you post did not confirm that this is a PC "aimed for gaming."

How are you still not understanding something so simple? My post shows the advertising.

The very first term used on the Phoenix's product page is 'Game on' with the first word obviously being 'Game'. 'Gaming' is used multiple times on the Envy page. This doesn't exclude other words.

This isn't being advertised as a gaming pc

False.

Do you even know what advertising is?

Like you literally seem to think that this is being marketed as a gaming PC because it contains the phrase "game-changing performance" in relation to spreadsheets and video editing.

Find me the quote where I said that.

You seem to have a serious issue with 'putting words in someone's mouth' - at no point have I stated my opinion on the matter and yet here you are still not able to grasp that idea.

If you extricated your head from your backside for a moment you would notice.

This sums up the quality of your posts here, of which there are many such examples. Take your own advice:

You actually have to read the content that you're citing because at best it could be irrelevant or it could, like in this case, directly contradict what you are saying.

How are you still not understanding something so simple? My post shows the advertising.

It does. And the text you quoted show it not being advertised as a gaming PC.

You keep saying that I'm not understanding, saying that it's simple, insinuating that I'm stupid rather than addressing anything that I've said. This is why I told you to get your head out of your arse. The "advice" you're telling me to follow doesn't make sense. I haven't cited anything. I'm telling you that your analysis of the text that you cited is non sequitur.

I've explained why you're wrong exhaustively. You're telling me to repeat stuff I've been through at length. Go back and read it.

If only they'd stop putting i7s in "gaming" rigs that have a less than high end graphics card... they do look nice though.

Still nothing comparable to a similarly priced custom box, but hey.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If only they'd stop putting i7s in "gaming" rigs that have a less than high end graphics card... they do look nice though.

Still nothing comparable to a similarly priced custom box, but hey.

Except it's only people in this forum calling it a gaming rig. In fairness some of that was the slightly clickbaity title I chose (because this forum wouldn't be interested otherwise), but as @CapricaBuccaneers unwittingly pointed out this isn't being marketed as a gaming pc by HP.

And besides, they have i5 models available. I linked to the highest end options they have available: a 4790, 16GB RAM and a 370 for the Envy or a 4790k, 32GB RAM and a 980 for the Envy Phoenix. You're only complaining about having the option available for this.

Except it's only people in this forum calling it a gaming rig. In fairness some of that was the slightly clickbaity title I chose (because this forum wouldn't be interested otherwise), but as @CapricaBuccaneers unwittingly pointed out this isn't being marketed as a gaming pc by HP.

And besides, they have i5 models available. I linked to the highest end options they have available: a 4790, 16GB RAM and a 370 for the Envy or a 4790k, 32GB RAM and a 980 for the Envy Phoenix. You're only complaining about having the option available for this.

yeah it was the title that misled me ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yeah it was the title that misled me ^^

I don't see what's stopping people from just choosing the 4590 instead. No one is forcing you to pick the absolute highest spec versions of each tier they have available.

The "advice" you're telling me to follow doesn't make sense. I haven't cited anything. I'm telling you that your analysis of the text that you cited is non sequitur.

I've explained why you're wrong exhaustively. You're telling me to repeat stuff I've been through at length. Go back and read it.

Yet again you've failed to understand, it's somewhat of a theme with you.

I've already addressed everything relevant you posted - which happened a while back.

It really is hilarious given some of the things that you've said to other people in this thread that you would post this gem:

You keep saying that I'm not understanding, saying that it's simple, insinuating that I'm stupid rather than addressing anything that I've said. This is why I told you to get your head out of your arse.

This makes a good summary of your posts, minus the ad hominem and other irrelevant items:

You found a source that did not call this a gaming PC, but a ...gaming machine.

Ironically you've made a point for me (two in fact) so that I didn't have to in the first place - although there are probably many more to come.

Well, that was fast:

This thread reads as one giant rant from you to nearly everyone who posts - one which you seem to be perpetuating deliberately given the unnecessary reference to me (see above). Do you actually have anything new to add, or are you going to keep doing it? Just be aware that you're only reinforcing the already low standards you've set.

Here's something I've not seen here so far, contradicting your points about it being "only people in this forum" and "isn't being marketed as a gaming pc" (again see the above):

Entitled: "HP Targets Gamers with Envy Phoenix Desktop" (May 2015)

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/hp-envy-phoenix-specs-price,news-20860.html

One interesting point they make is that the brand Phoenix was introduced specifically as a 'gaming Desktop line' a few years ago.

This is corroborated by (amongst others):

http://www.techspot.com/news/53903-hp-energizes-gaming-desktop-line-with-affordable-envy-phoenix-810.html

http://uk.pcmag.com/hp-hpe-phoenix-h9z/19175/review/hp-hpe-phoenix-h9z

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6020/hp-phoenix-h91120t-system-review-hp-gaming-desktop-round-two-with-tahiti-and-ivy-bridge

Wow. Personally I think this is incredible from a company like HP. For context, a comparable Alienware PC, which is the direct competition here, with the same processor, a GTX 970, half the RAM will set you back £2928.99.

a "similar" Area-51 with 16GB Ram and X99 6-core and GTX980 is £1829 ....

£2929 model comes with THREE 970s in SLI and an i7 5930K !!!

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

a "similar" Area-51 with 16GB Ram and X99 6-core and GTX980 is £1829 ....

£2929 model comes with THREE 970s in SLI and an i7 5930K !!!

Does it really? Their website just says "Intel i7" and "GTX 970". If they mean 5930k and three 970s they probably should

@CapricaBuccaneers alternatively if I took a quote of yours and took out most of the words it would probably end up making more sense.

Because you post did not confirm that this is a PC "aimed for gaming." Your post was HP saying that this was a productivity, multitasking and video editing PC that can also play games.

For someone who "doesn't care" about this, you're sure piling on the personal attacks when someone points out that you are wrong :)

Does it really? Their website just says "Intel i7" and "GTX 970". If they mean 5930k and three 970s they probably should

CzPnZyH.png

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Since I am a customer of HP I thought I'd simply ask them.

(I've obviously removed my personal details and replaced them with capital 'X's)

To: XXXX

RE: Terms & conditions question <<#XXXXXX-XXXXXX#>>

13 June 2015 21:32

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting the hp.com Sales Center.

First of all, let me thank you for your interest in HP and our reliable computing products.

I understand you are considering purchasing a new desktop at hp.com, and you would like to know if the new HP Envy Phoenix desktops are built for gaming as described by our website.

XXXX, I am proud to say that the HP Envy Phoenix Series are indeed built for the gaming side as the components that are offered with this system are powerful and up to date. These desktops are also great when you are multi-tasking between computer programs.

I would be happy to make a more precise desktop recommendation if you would like. If so, please just respond back with a few more of your specific requirements and I can find the perfect model to suit your needs.

I hope this information has assisted you in making your purchase here, XXXX.

Don't forget that one of the best resources that we have to place your order is our Sales Center. Please call 1.866.221.4553 and a Sales Representative will be able to assist you with your order placement and answer any remaining questions that you have. Their hours of operation are between: 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week.

Customer Satisfaction is our store’s top priority. Please tell us about your email experience today. To participate, please click on our Customer Satisfaction Survey link below.

Thank you for choosing HP. We appreciate your business.

Best Regards,

Hera L.

Email Representative

hp.com

Tell us about this Email experience so that we can make improvements!

Please complete our Customer Satisfaction survey.

*Prices, promotions and availability are subject to change. Orders may be subject to applicable sales tax, shipping and handling charges.

--- Original Message ---

Received: 6/14/15 1:40:36 AM CST

To: hp.com Sales Center <myhpsales@hp.com>

Subject: Terms & conditions question

Name: XXXX

Phone Number:

Order Number:

Feedback: Greetings, I have a query regarding the new Envy Phoenix desktop - I have read the first details on your website where it says "Game on" - and I was wondering if this model was being aimed for gaming?I would be very interested in such a product, and would appreciate some information.Thanks for your time XXXX

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------

<<#XXXXXX-XXXXXX#>>

The case kinda reminds me of the older antec cases from the early 2000s. I like that. Also, from the specs and price I would actually feel comfortable recommending these if I couldn't convince the person to either build it, let me build it, or go with a boutique builder.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Since I am a customer of HP I thought I'd simply ask them.

(I've obviously removed my personal details and replaced them with capital 'X's)

To: XXXX

RE: Terms & conditions question <<#XXXXXX-XXXXXX#>>

13 June 2015 21:32

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting the hp.com Sales Center.

First of all, let me thank you for your interest in HP and our reliable computing products.

I understand you are considering purchasing a new desktop at hp.com, and you would like to know if the new HP Envy Phoenix desktops are built for gaming as described by our website.

XXXX, I am proud to say that the HP Envy Phoenix Series are indeed built for the gaming side as the components that are offered with this system are powerful and up to date. These desktops are also great when you are multi-tasking between computer programs.

I would be happy to make a more precise desktop recommendation if you would like. If so, please just respond back with a few more of your specific requirements and I can find the perfect model to suit your needs.

I hope this information has assisted you in making your purchase here, XXXX.

Don't forget that one of the best resources that we have to place your order is our Sales Center. Please call 1.866.221.4553 and a Sales Representative will be able to assist you with your order placement and answer any remaining questions that you have. Their hours of operation are between: 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week.

Customer Satisfaction is our store’s top priority. Please tell us about your email experience today. To participate, please click on our Customer Satisfaction Survey link below.

Thank you for choosing HP. We appreciate your business.

Best Regards,

Hera L.

Email Representative

hp.com

Tell us about this Email experience so that we can make improvements!

Please complete our Customer Satisfaction survey.

*Prices, promotions and availability are subject to change. Orders may be subject to applicable sales tax, shipping and handling charges.

--- Original Message ---

Received: 6/14/15 1:40:36 AM CST

To: hp.com Sales Center <myhpsales@hp.com>

Subject: Terms & conditions question

Name: XXXX

Phone Number:

Order Number:

Feedback: Greetings, I have a query regarding the new Envy Phoenix desktop - I have read the first details on your website where it says "Game on" - and I was wondering if this model was being aimed for gaming?I would be very interested in such a product, and would appreciate some information.Thanks for your time XXXX

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------

<<#XXXXXX-XXXXXX#>>

lmfao so you've gone from "I don't even care about this" to "I'M GOING TO EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICES TO PROVE A POINT ON THE INTERNET" in what, a day? xD

I don't care what customer services says. Their website cites video editing, multitasking and spreadsheet creation in addition to gaming, so to call it just a gaming PC is inaccurate.

Thanks for completely derailing my thread about an interesting-looking range of products. Top job, mate.

lmfao so you've gone from "I don't even care about this" to "I'M GOING TO EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICES TO PROVE A POINT ON THE INTERNET" in what, a day? xD

I don't care what customer services says. Their website cites video editing, multitasking and spreadsheet creation in addition to gaming, so to call it just a gaming PC is inaccurate.

Thanks for completely derailing my thread about an interesting-looking range of products. Top job, mate.

Funnily enough I've gone from not really caring to taking a mild interest. I know, tough concept to grasp.

By the way, since you mentioned it, what's the timeframe for taking an interest in things? "A day" is noteworthy?

The amount of effort it took me to send an email to an address already on my contact list was, to put it lightly, insignificant. You can see the original message and it took a frankly minimal amount of effort - I'd be surprised if it took more than a minute, if that. Hardly worth commenting on I'm afraid.

The 'caps lock' is just another example of you derailing your own thread.