how much can i sell my card for?

Soaljen

i have an XFX 7950 Black edition card and im not really satisfied with it. Its super loud and it runs hotter then expected and i think i probably overpaid for it getting it for $345 Australian. if i sell this barely 1 month old card on ebay how much do you think i could get for it? i dont want to lose out on too much money. its in pretty mint condition, bit of dust but thats it. if anyone has any experience selling their graphics cards can you give me an idea how much i can get for it? i've had a look on ebay and no one is really selling second hand 7950's so i dont know whats a good selling price. any info would be much appreciated :)

I would suggest taking it back to the shop you got it from and telling them to give you a full refund because the card is not satisfactory and/or not what you had been led to believe it was. They shouldn't complain, you should then set out to get yourself either an MSI, GIGABYTE or ASUS 7950. Get an aftermarket cooler.

Also www.pccasegear.com is a good website for us Australians.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

If you can't return it you should be able to sell it on ebay for around $150 - $200 AU which is around what I sold my old Sapphire 7950 oc for.

I would say around $250 US dollars. If you are going to sell it, do it now before the new 8000 series are announced.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

If you can't return it you should be able to sell it on ebay for around $150 - $200 AU which is around what I sold my old Sapphire 7950 oc for.
why'd you sell the sapphire 7950? i was going to get the sapphire 7970 haha! is there something i should know?

I would suggest taking it back to the shop you got it from and telling them to give you a full refund because the card is not satisfactory and/or not what you had been led to believe it was. They shouldn't complain, you should then set out to get yourself either an MSI, GIGABYTE or ASUS 7950. Get an aftermarket cooler.

would they accept my card if i returned it? i thought they would only do that if it was faulty or DOA? i have had a look at my receipt and the website (www.ple.com.au) and it isnt very conclusive, would i get my money back or just store credit? because store credit wont benefit me because they only sell XFX 7950's! haha

You should be able to return it.
do most computer stores accept non-faulty returns? i have had a look at the website www.ple.com.au and it isnt very conclusive

Most computer stores do accept returns but it's best you call them up about it.

yeah i might do tomorrow, do most stores give you your money back or only store credit?

I had a 79X0 waterblock and I thought my card had a reference PCB. But apparently Sapphire switched PCBs halfway through making the cards so I had one of the non-reference cards and the waterblock didn't fit..

You won't get a refund. The card has been used; box opened. The card is not faulty, and was not DOA. Just because he didn't get what he was expecting, isn't a valid reason to issue a refund. You're probably looking at around $200 AUS for a second hand card, possibly $250. People don't like buying second hand, and there is normally alot of the same product.