ATH AG1 headphone wire stubborness problems

happycorgi

Hi friends

So I recently picked up the ATH-AG1 from a Razer Megalodon (HUGE upgrade btw) and I've been having some frustrations with it's wire. It doesn't have any sound problems, its just really, really annoying stiff and stubborn. For the first two weeks or so the wire still was very coiled and warped from packing and it I got sick and tired of it constantly rubbing against my neck and generally getting in the way. Because of it I decided to submerge it in hot water as suggested here ( only did it for like a minute... chickened out because I thought the water was too hot still haha) and then I hung it upside down near a window. These methods did work, as the kinks and coils throughout the wire did free up and it was a lot more straight, EXCEPT the part where my neck is and is still hitting my neck.

I look at Linus' review and his cable is perfectly straight without any kinks or coils.. what's wrong with my cable? Possible defect? I can't return it... kinda sucks that I spend a good fortune for this too :^( (Also, my product did not come with a 1/4 Inch Stereo Jack, the cutout was there but no adapter.)

For now, I'm going to try hanging it upside down in the morning again and see if it helps.

tl;dr headphone wire is being stubborn need help to unwarp/coil/kink it doesn't look like it will overtime.

Thank you all! I am more than willing to answer anything I didn't specify :^)

Reminds me of the cable for the AD500X in this review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70517-comparison-pioneer-se-a1000-vs-audio-technica-ath-ad500x/

dunno if he ever fixed it but when I have cables that are being weird I just bend them the other way and / or put the cable in a clamp to hold it in a certain position.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50