DAC/AMP suggestions

smdMario

Hey guys i am looking forward to buying a good DAC and amp that juices up my current Cans and also have some space for future more power hungry Cans, so i turn to you cool kids to enlighthen me so i can make a good purchase. So far i have the 3 options to juice up my HifiMan HE 400, BOse AE2 and HyperX CLoud

1.-O2+ODAC  $319.95

2.- Magni 2 and Modi 2 $238

3.- Audioengine D1 $169

Magni 2 and modi 2 uber, cheapest, the most powerful and the most versatile

is the uber upgrade worth it, i mean what are the pros off almost 100 more?

Most people will say no. Obviously it depends on your financial situation and how neurotic you are about sound quality. One thing to think about if you get the Objective... You might be able to shave off some cash if you don't go for the quarter inch version. There's a $270 O2+Odac combo. If you plan on using an AB switch (for example, if you want a hardware switch to go from headphone to speakers or headphone to another headphone), chances are those are all 3.5mm connections and there's not much point in spending extra for just a quarter inch plug.

You live in Mexico though. I don't know who ships to Mexico. My prices assume you live in USA.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

is the uber upgrade worth it, i mean what are the pros off almost 100 more?

It's mostly dick factor, the additional power over the normal version is going to be useless unless you have ridiculously insentivive headphones. Other than that, there are cheaper ways to get pre-out from an amp/DAC, but if you want it from a Schiit stack that is the best way to get it. In your situation I would go for the Schiit Magni and Modi. Certainly a better value proposition than the audioengine and probably effectively as good as the O2 for less money.

It's mostly dick factor, the additional power over the normal version is going to be useless unless you have ridiculously insentivive headphones. Other than that, there are cheaper ways to get pre-out from an amp/DAC, but if you want it from a Schiit stack that is the best way to get it. In your situation I would go for the Schiit Magni and Modi. Certainly a better value proposition than the audioengine and probably effectively as good as the O2 for less money.

Modi 2 uber has 3 input instead of usb only of normal modi 2. Not recommending magni 2 uber honestly unless you want full aluminum enclosure