Which 980ti should i get?

Rotom101

The title says it all. Which cooler/brand should I get on a new 980ti. I'm not worried about price.

I'd wait a few days for the rest of the lineup to be announced & released.

Right now the Superclocked ACX+ from EVGA with the backplate for $679 looks like a good deal though.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Judging by how all the other 9 series cards were g1 gaming will be top option again.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I love the gigabyte coolers, plus they have multi-color led lights. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Gigabyte G1 on June 16. Might be tough to get for a while tho.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I'd wait a few days for the rest of the lineup to be announced & released.

Right now the Superclocked ACX+ from EVGA with the backplate for $679 looks like a good deal though.

this i wish i wouldve waited id trade my 980 for a 980 ti anyday

askdjfasdf

Judging by how all the other 9 series cards were g1 gaming will be top option again.

I wouldn't say top, since there are cards better than the G1, (matrix, HOF, Classified and the highest end) but for price to performance and good overclockability, it's quite high up on the list.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I wouldn't say top, since there are cards better than the G1, (matrix, HOF, Classified and the highest end) but for price to performance and good overclockability, it's quite high up on the list.

Top doesn't have to be top 1  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would say EVGA as their StepUp program is a lifesaver if anything new comes out, but I think the 980ti is safe for a while.

MSI ? :D

G1 gaming will probably be the best for performance/overclocking again.

Does it needs to be as small as possible?

LED important?

Silence important?

Performance (good overclocks) important?

aesthetics important?

backplate important?

Good Customer support

etc, not a single brand is the best in "everything" :P

MSI/EVGA/Asus/G1 gaming etc will always be safe/good options. It depends on what you want.

G1 probably but I'd wait for the rest to come out

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Gigabyte G1 on June 16. Might be tough to get for a while tho.

Glad i pre-ordered mine on newegg before they went out of stock

Asus's Poseidon series is always a good option for me, nice choice of having either water cooled GPU or air cooled, might as well have the option for both.  

I like the eVga Hybrid cooler, as I have used that before and it was great. what do you guys think?

I like the eVga Hybrid cooler, as I have used that before and it was great. what do you guys think?

why do u think evga hybrid ?

why do u think evga hybrid ?

Excellent gpu core cooling, and quiet fans. The gpu fan only has to cool the chips, so it stays very slow, and you can switch out the fan on the radiator for a high quality noctua quiet fan or what ever fans you like. Altogether = Better, Quieter Gaming

I am actually ordering an eVga 980ti hybrid now to ho in my LAN computer (yeah, I AM crazy)

It would pretty much be biased opinion right now. I'd wait for reviews of the cards. Although Zotac's Amp Extreme is probably going to be the one I get. The clock speeds are ridiculous; performing better than the Titan X stock and they are reputable with very positive reviews of their previous cards. Plus I was able to find the Amp Extreme for 689$ on Sabrepc. That is a smoking deal. MSI has been a pretty reliable cooling option with their Twin Frozr design and Gigabyte is fantastic with their Windforce cards. Can't say too many positive things about EVGA as I feel their cooling solutions are weak, except for the watercooled and Kingpin cards.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! is pretty slick looking for Air but EVGA Hybrid wins if money is no issue. You'll be beating the Titan X by Ocing and staying quiet and cool.

Asus' DCU III cooler looks promising I am definitely going the 980Ti Strix route

No, there is no signatute here, deal with it.

Asus' DCU III cooler looks promising I am definitely going the 980Ti Strix route

its core clock boost mode i guess 1250mhz max im not sure it could be 1350 at least

i want matrix platinum but new model =)

hate asus they are too slow

Excellent gpu core cooling, and quiet fans. The gpu fan only has to cool the chips, so it stays very slow, and you can switch out the fan on the radiator for a high quality noctua quiet fan or what ever fans you like. Altogether = Better, Quieter Gaming

I am actually ordering an eVga 980ti hybrid now to ho in my LAN computer (yeah, I AM crazy)

evga looks not good about appearance im not sure of their cards really