*High Quality* audio cables

FrigidNinja
Go to solution Solved by xeromynd,

Never had a problem with Monoprice cabling, I'm sure they have what you need.

The 'sounding worse' OP is referring to is probably just shitty shielding.

I'm looking for some decent audio cables for my car stereo. I'm looking for a rather short RCA cable, a female RCA to female headphone jack, headphone jack splitter, and a rather long headphone cable (ill need 2)

I realize Linus has talked about the 'super cable' myth but I'm pretty sure there are some legitimately superior cables out there.

Budget is about $50 total. Thanks!

Why do you need three things? Can't you just get a cable that has two different connectors?

I'm looking for some decent audio cables for my car stereo. I'm looking for a rather short RCA cable, a female RCA to female headphone jack, headphone jack splitter, and a rather long headphone cable (ill need 2)

I realize Linus has talked about the 'super cable' myth but I'm pretty sure there are some legitimately superior cables out there.

If you want...these is one of the best shops...http://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Uhm, no....

How so?

For example, i have a headphone cable that i ordered from china and a cable that came with some sony headphones. the Chinese cable sounds significantly worse than the Sony cable.

For example, i have a headphone cable that i ordered from china and a cable that came with some sony headphones. the Chinese cable sounds significantly worse than the Sony cable.

How does it sound worse? does it kill bass, lower volume? Explain please.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Either the cable was malfunctioning or you're hearing things that aren't there. Your Sony cable could have come from the same place, possibly even the same cable just rebranded.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I have had some experience with some cables cutting out and others not... HOWEVER.. I narrowed it down to shoddy manufacturing, and one just getting past quality control (two of the cables in mention were the same make and model).

There is no "better" or "superior" cable, just ones that are manufactured and quality tested better, if that makes sense.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Never had a problem with Monoprice cabling, I'm sure they have what you need.

The 'sounding worse' OP is referring to is probably just shitty shielding.

Why do you need three things? Can't you just get a cable that has two different connectors?

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

How so?

Well, Microphonics and RFI insulation are pretty much the only things I can think of, although... I did have a pair of cables for my SE535 that seemed to greatly emphasize the noise floor on my amp. (It couldn't have been the cable, as the noise floor was non-existent on some of the sources that I have.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Well, Microphonics and RFI insulation are pretty much the only things I can think of, although... I did have a pair of cables for my SE535 that seemed to greatly emphasize the noise floor on my amp. (It couldn't have been the cable, as the noise floor was non-existent on some of the sources that I have.)

That's a malfunctioning cable unless the cable is like 15M long or longer...

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Get the cheapest cables from amazon, thats all you need.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That's a malfunctioning cable unless the cable is like 15M long or longer...

What about it would be malfunctioning though? Oh, and I have two of them that do the same thing.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

What about it would be malfunctioning though? Oh, and I have two of them that do the same thing.

Your other cable that doesnt make a noise, is it a linum cable or cable with higher resistance?

For a car application get a shielded cable and make sure to not run it right next to any power wires. twisted cables help when running parallel to power wires since they keep from running truly parallel and pick up less interference. 

Your other cable that doesnt make a noise, is it a linum cable or cable with higher resistance?

the two that make noise (I have four cables for the shures, two were aftermarket that came with them, which are the ones in question, and two that I had made.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

There aren't better cables for audio. Just like for video, there are normal cables that perform as advertised and there are shitty cheap cables that you avoid. Anything else is snake oil 

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

the two that make noise (I have four cables for the shures, two were aftermarket that came with them, which are the ones in question, and two that I had made.)

Then perhaps you should check your soldering work :P

Just buy the higher quality ones from monoprice and you'll be good. It's not much better than that unless you get custom ones made.

No cable will make you have better audio, the most expensive cable and a cable made from a coat hanger would sound the same.

Now, for car stuff, your average shielded cable is all you need.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

No cable will make you have better audio, the most expensive cable and a cable made from a coat hanger would sound the same.

Now, for car stuff, your average shielded cable is all you need.

Im assuming your saying a new coat hanger right? Also that seems a bit unsafe or is that just me?

Im assuming your saying a new coat hanger right? Also that seems a bit unsafe or is that just me?

Maybe we would need to get an Oxygen free coat hanger, that may improve the sound.

That along Sony's micro SD cards for better audio.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Maybe we would need to get an Oxygen free coat hanger, that may improve the sound.

That along Sony's micro SD cards for better audio.

Well oxygen free can improve the cable, not the sound. There is also the whole build quality aspect. And no you dont know what I do with my cables ;):P

lol yea that SD card thing