1440p monitor with hdmi need help

CcHiNTA

i am thinking to buy ASUS VX24AH as its 1440p and ips monitor but issue is that it have only hdmi option no display port and i read some review that with hdmi you will not get proper 1440p resolution is it true ?

or i should go with ASUS VG278HE 144hz monitor

i am thinking to buy ASUS VX24AH as its 1440p and ips monitor but issue is that it have only hdmi option no display port and i read some review that with hdmi you will not get proper 1440p resolution is it true ?

or i should go with ASUS VG278HE 144hz monitor

what are you going to be using it for mostly?

144hz for gaming and the ips for productivity(generally)

I think you'd need hdmi 2.0(1.4a? IDR) to run 1440p at 60 hz but never tried it.

and judging by the ports you have your gpu probably won't be able to let you play with decent settings on 1440p

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

what are you going to be using it for mostly?

144hz for gaming and the ips for productivity(generally)

I think you'd need hdmi 2.0(1.4a? IDR) to run 1440p at 60 hz but never tried it.

and judging by the ports you have your gpu probably won't be able to let you play with decent settings on 1440p

gaming and work ! i have 980 so i think it is good for 1440p monitor isn't ?

A 980 will be very capable for 1440p, given that you have a processor that can keep up and won't cause stuttering.

In terms of what kind of monitor you should go for really depends on what you play. If you're a competitive gamer who prefers CS:GO, CoD or Battlefield, the 1080p 144Hz monitor would be the way to go.

However, if you're doing it for the experience, a 1440p IPS would be much more enjoyable.

Also, that monitor is run by dual HDMI. If you're adamant about using Displayport, I recently bought the BenQ GW2765HT. It's awesome, and I'm not really seeing any input lag. But I'm not hugely competitive (or capable for that matter), so I'm not really that sensitive. Your mileage will vary based on what you've experienced.

But it seems like you're pretty set on an ASUS screen, given that both of your options are that manufacturer.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

your statements don't add up since every 980 has 3 dislayports there are cards with varying ports but they at least have 1 display port

so you're probably lying that you have a 980 or you don't even know what a displayport really looks like.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

all 980s have 3 display ports, 1 hdmi and on dvi port

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-IO-ports.png?itok

EDIT. after rereading op it's the monitor that only has hdmi not the gpu.

the vx24ah has 2 hdmi 1.4 ports. its only a 60hz monitor so will be fine either way.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb