What continuous wattage does the m12ii evo have

Tweakforce_LG

Ok im thinking of getting a seasonic m12ii EVO 520w for my core 2 duo e8400 pc. The psu blew and i need a new one. This may be overkill but i may recycle the psu for my next build. How much CONTINUOUS wattage does the 520w m12ii evo have?

Thanks

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Ok im thinking of getting a seasonic m12ii EVO 520w for my core 2 duo e8400 pc. The psu blew and i need a new one. This may be overkill but i may recycle the psu for my next build. How much CONTINUOUS wattage does the 520w m12ii evo have?

Thanks

usually the rated wattage is for continuous. it's a seasonic anyways, which most people report as being very high quality and reliable. I'd feel comfortable running a system that drew 450 continuous watts, and most single GPU systems fall under that category.

Thanks

It should always be the max rating on the PSU so 520W and I would expect so from Seasonic, however it should never be run to the max constantly.

Here's the review of the 850W unit and from it everything looks really good (load tests):

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=356

Edited by W-L

It should always be the max rating on the PSU so 520W and I would expect so from Seasonic, however it should never be run to the max constantly.

Here's the review of the 850W unit and from it everything looks really good (load tests):

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=356

This is the pc

Core 2 Duo E8400

Asus pk5l-c/1600

Radeon 5670

4gb corsair xms2

500 gb WD 7200rpm

I dont think it needs anywhere near 850w. Properly only 400w. But i might be recycling the PSU in six months in a new build when i sell my old one. Thats why im getting this instead of a cheaper evga for this oldish pc

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

According to a review, the PSU can go higher than the 520W rated wattage. This is personally the PSU I am using now. :) EXCELLENT in aesthetics, performance, accessories, low to NO noise, efficiency, warranty and MORE! A PSU that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :D

Reference: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expreview.com%2F26961-all.html

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

According to a review, the PSU can go higher than the 520W rated wattage. This is personally the PSU I am using now. :) EXCELLENT in aesthetics, performance, accessories, low to NO noise, efficiency, warranty and MORE! A PSU that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :D

Reference: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expreview.com%2F26961-all.html

Thanks sir. This c2d 3.6ghz dinosaur machine will actually run quieter because the the cheap psu in there before was sooo noisey

-SNIP-

Yeah for that system it will be pretty low power something like a good quality 350-400W is good for that system actually it should consume any more than 250W.

CPU TDP 70W

HD5670 TDP 65W

Extra 40Watts

Extra 20% overhead

~210W MAX 

Yeah for that system it will be pretty low power something like a good quality 350-400W is good for that system actually it should consume any more than 250W.

CPU TDP 70W

HD5670 TDP 65W

Extra 40Watts

Extra 20% overhead

~210W MAX

Too late. Just orderd the m12ii evo 520w. Its good because it means i can recycle it in the next syatem i build if the buyer has a psu already

Too late. Just orderd the m12ii evo 520w. Its good because it means i can recycle it in the next syatem i build if the buyer has a psu already

yeah that's fine.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

a WORTHY purchase no doubt :) You can use the PSU for a few more system upgrades to come especially with their 5 year warranty ^_^

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)

Should, yes. But some less than reputable PSU manufacturers sometimes rate for peak wattage rather than continuous. Usually it's printed somewhere.

Seasonic doesn't seem to use the terminology "continuous wattage" on their site but this is a well-known product from a well-loved PSU company and it's rated output can absolutely be trusted.

Should, yes. But some less than reputable PSU manufacturers sometimes rate for peak wattage rather than continuous. Usually it's printed somewhere.

Seasonic doesn't seem to use the terminology "continuous wattage" on their site but this is a well-known product from a well-loved PSU company and it's rated output can absolutely be trusted.

I orderd and paid for the unit, only to get informed its out of stock and i have to wait 3 weeks. Should i cancill then order, or wait for this good psu

I orderd and paid for the unit, only to get informed its out of stock and i have to wait 3 weeks. Should i cancill then order, or wait for this good psu

Where are you buying? Are you in the U.S. or elsewhere? The M12II is good but there are a lot of other good PSUs out there.

Where are you buying? Are you in the U.S. or elsewhere? The M12II is good but there are a lot of other good PSUs out there.

New zealand. Its the best price quality one here i think

Thats sad to hear... :unsure: Also consider Corsair, they are my second choice next to Seasonic or go with Seasonic's G series?

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler

Thats sad to hear... :unsure: Also consider Corsair, they are my second choice next to Seasonic or go with Seasonic's G series?

It might be easier just to wait for this to be in stock. Hmmm

XFX in North America is pretty good for value since they always go on sale, not sure how pricing is over there but it's a Seasonic OEM. 

XFX in North America is pretty good for value since they always go on sale, not sure how pricing is over there but it's a Seasonic OEM.

Xfx dunno. I think there the same price here

Xfx dunno. I think there the same price here

Check reviews first if ever you go to a different manufacturer because I LOVE SEASONIC! All their PSUs are made with ALL high quality japanese capacitors, excellent soldering and overall the best build quality!

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler

Check reviews first if ever you go to a different manufacturer because I LOVE SEASONIC! All their PSUs are made with ALL high quality japanese capacitors, excellent soldering and overall the best build quality!

I think ill wait for stock. Ive been educated in capacitors since me old psu blew. Gets a 9.7 on jonnyguru. I think ill wait for this great psu. Best of all i got it for $50 cheaper than any other store in my country!