headphone help. For Gaming and also music.

MxRider9637

hello everyone awhile back when i got into the pc scene i went out and bought the vmoda crossfade m-100 which was the biggest mistake i ever made.. now its not because of the audio quality but the comfort. i can only use the headphones for about an hour before my head starts to hurt ALOT! know the vmodas have such an amazing build quality and also good sound but i like to game for more than an hour at a time so these vmodas arnt cutting it. A lot of people recommend beyerdynamic for there amazing comfort and good build quality, they also have some good sound. 

My question to everyone is what style beyerdynamic headphones would you go with. also what amp/dac would you go with.. If i can find a buyer for my vmodas which i only used 3 times with a total of 5 hours. i would say my budget would be $300.

for a mic i plan on going with modmic 4.0

Depends what type of sound you personally like, example I would get the DT 990 if you like treble and bass and a more colored and fun headset, would get the DT 880 if you want better mids. Would get the DT 770 if you want a closed back headphone. They all have their purpose, but with $300 you could probably get something better.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

good points. i would want an open back so i can hear whats going on in the backround. i do like my bass but im not overly crazy about it. i like sound clarity or anything. what would you recommend?

Depends what type of sound you personally like, example I would get the DT 990 if you like treble and bass and a more colored and fun headset, would get the DT 880 if you want better mids. Would get the DT 770 if you want a closed back headphone. They all have their purpose, but with $300 you could probably get something better.

DT 990 Pro, Fidelity X2, or AKG Kxxx. I have the DT 990's and I love them, very comfortable. I wear them around 8 hours a day because I work at home. 

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

DT 990 Pro, Fidelity X2, or AKG Kxxx. I have the DT 990's and I love them, very comfortable. I wear them around 8 hours a day because I work at home. 

comfort is a must i dont want to make the same mistake twice. ied probably go with the dt990 then. would you recommend an amp/dac? if so whats the better combo?

comfort is a must i dont want to make the same mistake twice. ied probably go with the dt990 then. would you recommend an amp/dac? if so whats the better combo?

Well with your remaining budget I think the Fio E10k would be a good option, it won't make a huge sound difference but that physical volume dial is very nice. Also you really need something on your desk because they have a coiled wire design. I can't stand plugging the headphones into the back of my computer that coiled wire gets annoying so a external dac/amp is required when using these. So yeah Fio E10k.

Well with your remaining budget I think the Fio E10k would be a good option, it won't make a huge sound difference but that physical volume dial is very nice. Also you really need something on your desk because they have a coiled wire design.

what do you mean by coiled wire? is that the wire from the headphones? also do you think its even worth getting and amp/dac?

Well with your remaining budget I think the Fio E10k would be a good option, it won't make a huge sound difference but that physical volume dial is very nice. Also you really need something on your desk because they have a coiled wire design. I can't stand plugging the headphones into the back of my computer that coiled wire gets annoying so a external dac/amp is required when using these. So yeah Fio E10k.

ahhh ok i understand.. thanks man i really appreciate everything!

what do you mean by coiled wire? is that the wire from the headphones? also do you think its even worth getting and amp/dac?

I edited my post because I forgot to explain why my bad ha ha, here's also a picture of what I'm talking about, with my setup, if you look you can see the wire is coiled, you don't want to run this to the back of your computer or it will be annoying, so I wouldn't get this unless you have something on your desk you can plug them into so the coiled wire doesn't get in your way.

fd79a6e004.jpg

I edited my post because I forgot to explain why my bad ha ha, here's also a picture of what I'm talking about, with my setup, if you look you can see the wire is coiled, you don't want to run this to the back of your computer or it will be annoying, so I wouldn't get this unless you have something on your desk you can plug them into so the coiled wire doesn't get in your way.

tfd79a6e004.jpg

ohhhhhh ok i see know.. also i think in my opinion the coiled wire would be great because i get the modmic i can put the modmics wire through the coil.