My pc wont turn on, unless its lying down? o.o

Naruke Alpha
Go to solution Solved by Stefan1024,

It looks like you have a loose connection. By laying it down the gravity will fix it for you. Check every socket and connector.

Your PC is ok, and will not diy soon I think.

You read right, my computer won't turn on, like, if every component was dead, if its standing how a normal computer should be on a desk, but if i lay it down, it turns on normally (even quieter i would say)

link to my skydrive here for the picture: http://1drv.ms/1eWqZby

if anyone has some insight or knows something thats causing this, please help, im a bit scared that my system will die eventually :/

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

Something could be loose causing it not to turn on when standing up.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

It looks like you have a loose connection. By laying it down the gravity will fix it for you. Check every socket and connector.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

i'm gonna bet and say it's because of the hard drive. had a problem similar to that one once. try to put the hdd flat on the floor

Maybe one of the power connectors is a little loose or it could be the hard drives orientation.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

Oh okay, yeah i was really sad because i was getting tomorrow a gtx 750 in the mail as an upgrade, but back on topic, what conector am i searching for to adjust?

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

i'm gonna bet and say it's because of the hard drive. had a problem similar to that one once. try to put the hdd flat on the floor

I'd think it'd still post though.

I don't do signatures.

Your power switch jumper (thing that makes the power button turn the PC on) is probably loose. I'd go in and unplug the switch connector and see if a small piece of metal falls out. If it does, you're not turning it on at all anymore, unless you short out the two pins with something conductive, but if it doesn't, just plug it back in and try again.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

Oh okay, yeah i was really sad because i was getting tomorrow a gtx 750 in the mail as an upgrade, but back on topic, what conector am i searching for to adjust?

I don't know.... all? B)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I could see some sense to this, seing that the hdd that im using for mass storage at the moment is a) a laptop hdd b)3 years old  but tbh i would have never thought it was the hard drive

It has fear of heights, obviously.

But no, like was said before: some component or wire does 'connect' via gravity when lying down.

I don't know.... all? B)

uhh i have a mini atx mobo and mini atx case xD so i was hoping not to do them all xD but oh well xD thansk thought 

I'd think it'd still post though.

yeah...